View Full Version : Is there a power supply adaptor/spliter?

26-10-2016, 06:34 AM
Hello everyone,
So i have this new graphics card which a friend gave me (Nvidia's gtx 470) and it uses a 12 pin power cable , the problem is my power supply is a (thermaltake 450) and only has a 6 pin and a 2 pin cable. Is there some kind of adapter i can but to change the 2 pin into a 6 pin?

26-10-2016, 07:14 AM
You may be able to find a molex adapter but I wouldn't recommend it.
The PSU is only 450w anyway and thermaltake as well.

Get another PSU, you risk underpowering everything by using adapters.

26-10-2016, 09:45 AM
Minimum System Power Requirement :550 W

26-10-2016, 09:49 AM
DON'T use your PSU with that card. Thermaltake are pretty rubbish at the best of time. Get a decent 550 or 600w from a brand like corsair or seasonic, or cheaper would be cooler master's V series, or enermax also make decent cheaper PSUs.