PDA

View Full Version : Help! Anybody!

04-01-2002, 05:01 PM
Hi, I'm running -dual booting- windows 98se and windowsxp, but I don't care much about windows xp.

After reading Susan B's 'report' on the program Spiders, I tried to install the file index.dat under the cookies folder in x:\windows\ . however when I did it had a box with quite a few options on how I wanted to open the file, such as using wordpad, microsoft excel etc. and so I chose wordpad. But I found nothing, so now when I'm revisiting the cookies folder I see it as a wordpad document/icon. And so what I want to know now is how I can change the icon back to its original so that it was a icon -with the windows logo in the middle of something like a piece of white paper- and that when I click on it it won't open itself in wordpad format but like it did before, asking what to open the file in. Even when I go into winxp (pro) -where I haven't changed any settings- I see it like windows 98se, so does anyone know how to change this to its original. I've used winxp to restore to pervious date but it was no help.

Many thanks in advance, ;-)

04-01-2002, 09:26 PM
Don't know if this will work or not, but try it anyway.

Go to the icon which you want to change. Hold down Shift and right click on it, then choose Open With...

Scroll through the list and find the icon which you want it to be (if it is there!). Select it and click OK.

HTH