PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dialer icon

04-01-2002, 03:19 PM
I can still dialup my isp using the MS DUN but I seem to have lost the icon that would normally be placed in the system tray after modem contact has been established.
I find this annoying as the icon's flashing gave me a sense of security that things were working and it was a quick way to disconnect from my isp. Now I am forced to enter the Start menu, Settings, Dial-Up Networking to end a connection to my isp. I am using ME by the way and the lost of the icon occured about the time I updated Media Player although I dont know if that had any bearing on the loss of the dial-up icon. As I really don't want to reinstall windows at this time I am hoping that someone may be able to advise me how I might recover/reactivate this icon.
Thanks for your time - Aiguo

04-01-2002, 04:41 PM
Hello,

try this, click 'my computer,
'dial up networking' right click your ips icon, and left click 'properties'. On the general tab, click 'confiqure' click 'options tab, put a tick in 'show modem status' click ok all the way out.
good luck,
Bob

04-01-2002, 04:42 PM
Hello,

try this, click 'my computer,
'dial up networking' right click your ips icon, and left click 'properties'. On the general tab, click 'confiqure' click 'options tab, put a tick in 'show modem status' click ok all the way out.
good luck,
Bob

06-01-2002, 09:50 PM
if that doesnt work try this
click 'my computer' then 'dial up networking' then 'connection' on the toolbar then click on 'settings' then under 'general' make sure there is a tick in the show icon in taskbar after connected.