PDA

View Full Version : Problem with connection to Internet thru ZTE cell phone.

mzee
07-10-2016, 07:37 PM
I can not get my phone modem to connect with W10 Pro 32bit or 64bit, using 'Join Me' & also W10 dialup. Works fine with W7.
I get the following message:

" One or more network protocols are missing on this computer.
Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing."

What to do?

Speedy Gonzales
07-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Try one of these (http://www.askvg.com/fix-one-or-more-network-protocols-are-missing-on-this-computer-error-in-windows/). Or get the script further down the page. See if that fixes it

mzee
08-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Thanks Speedy. I tried most of the 'fixes'. The phone modem connects but no signal comes through, both with 'Join me' & the W10 dialer. As both the WiFi and Ethernet work Ok, I will try transplanting the winsock with a W7 one and see what happens.

Speedy Gonzales
08-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Get the reg fix then import it. See if it works

mzee
08-10-2016, 11:26 PM
So far no luck, but not to worry. I have dual booted with Puppy Linux and it has no problem connecting with the phone. I just need it for email and browser if the Broadband fails.
I had given up on W10 32, but now I installed W10 64bit I am impressed, fast and no problems other than the phone.

mzee
11-10-2016, 12:03 AM
I was advised by by Microsoft to install the Anniversary Update which would fix things and bring it up to version 14?????
What a waste of time, didn't fix anything, deleted some of my software and bloated it with unwanted rubbish. It now takes 20 minutes to back up instead of 8 minutes!
Have now installed Windows 8.1, the phone works, everything works as it should, and no unwanted rubbish.

mzee
11-10-2016, 11:18 PM
So far no luck, but not to worry. I have dual booted with Puppy Linux and it has no problem connecting with the phone. I just need it for email and browser if the Broadband fails.
I had given up on W10 32, but now I installed W10 64bit I am impressed, fast and no problems other than the phone.

The dialer in Puppy Linux has a tick box for 3G connection. If this is un-ticked it says its on line with no signal, same as W10. Windows doesn't seem to have the same setting.