PDA

View Full Version : cAST TO DEVICE PROBLEM

Johnmcc
26-09-2016, 02:57 PM
Hi there, I have a problem casting from my PC to my TV. I have a Panasonic Viera ET60 series TV and for some reason I cannot read file names in the Media player nor can I cast from the Pc. The error message on the pc is !Media is not available. When I try and play from the TV media player it can find the Folder names but not the file names.

Any help would be appreciated. I am using a Huawai HG659b modem and also a Netgear AC1200 wifi range extender. the Wifi is built in to the tv.

Johnmcc

Speedy Gonzales
26-09-2016, 03:36 PM
Did you do this for the PC? (http://www.panasonic.co.nz/the-panasonic-way/panasonic-news-centre/2011/3/28/dlna-setup-for-a-panasonic-viera-tv/)

And what format are you trying to play?

And if youre trying to use screen mirroring on the pc, does it support WIDI?

Johnmcc
26-09-2016, 04:50 PM
I am not trying to use screen mirroring, by right clicking on the file you can cast to a device. Since upgrading to fibre and a different modem
I am getting the message media not available.

SP8s
29-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Bumping this one to the top .... having similar problems and wouldn't mind a bit of advice if anyone can help.

I've got a Chromecast v2 that works brilliantly with Netflix, On Demand channels etc. in Chrome browser. The problem is, when I come to watch movies (legal ... mainly home movies that were on VHS) that I have on an external hard drive. I've tried converting them to .avi .MP4 and a lot of other formats ... nothing works.

VLC is working on a version that shows a lot of promise, but it's not reliable yet. There are another couple that are more expensive than a house in Queenstown and one of those looked a bit dodgy.

If anyone knows of a good reliable program or a work around, I'd be ever so greatful for your assistance !

Ofthesea
29-09-2016, 09:34 PM
I had similar problems, not that I use it that much. When the laptop doesn't cast I just cable the HD port directly