PDA

View Full Version : USB won't recognize new devices

Columbuslee
14-09-2016, 11:42 AM
I have had this problem twice. The first time I could not download drivers for my Brother Printer. Now it will not rercognize my WinTV-Dual HD device. It seems to be just my one computer. Both devices were recognized and the download worked fine on my laptop but will not work on my other Windows 10 machine. When I put the device into the port I get the sound that it sees that I put something in but other than that it will do nothing. Right now I am using a USB mouse and keboard and they work fine.

I am at a lose.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

dugimodo
14-09-2016, 05:11 PM
You could try looking up your motherboard manufacturers driver page for USB drivers for your version of windows, sometimes you end up with generic windows drivers that usually work ok but not always and getting the right drivers can fix that.
You'll need to know the model of your PC or motherboard to find those of course, and you didn't tell us so we can't look for you.

If you are using the front USB ports on your PC try the rear ones, they often work better. If connecting to a hub connect directly instead, not all devices work through hubs.

Columbuslee
15-09-2016, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the help. What is interesting is that that there was a change in Windows Update to not include driver changes. I changed that yesterday. Windows did an update. And now everything works. What is interesting is the sound when you incert something into a USB port went away.

Thanks again!