PDA

View Full Version : IE6 'Tools...Internet Options'

03-01-2002, 01:31 PM
while surfing something came in through zone alarm and has altered some (?) setting to disable my Internet Options access in the IE6 Tools bar.

I can access it through my control panel and reset the home page. It continually resets my home page in IE6 to one that is malicious and of an adult variety.

Fault message reads 'this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator'.

1. How can I remove this problem?

2. How can I stop it happening again

03-01-2002, 03:42 PM
What OS are you running? If you have Win 98 or 95 (or even Me), read the post a little further down 'Spider Bites' and see if that helps with the home page problem.

07-01-2002, 01:04 AM
Tis may help, IE 5.5 used to have a repair facility. I'm not sure if you can do the same under IE 6.0 but worth a try. Under Control Panel go into Add>Remove Programs - select IE 6.0 and hit the Remove/Change button. This should bring up a dialog box offering a repair function. Try this and see if it fixes the above situation. another option would be to reinstall IE6.0 which is available on the latest PC word disk

Try also running adaware - www.lavasoft.de - a freeware adware removal program. Also try the following programs.

Cleaner3 -www.moosoft.com.
Window Washer www.windowwasher.com .

If you arent running a firewall, installing one would be advisable. An excellent freeware one is available at www.zonealarm.com