PDA

View Full Version : Viewsonic VPC100 drivers

wratterus
22-07-2016, 01:16 PM
So I'm reinstalling XP on an ancient Viewsonic VPC100, model VS12489

Viewsonic don't seem to have any drivers available anymore - does anyone happen to have one of these PCs or a driver disc for them, or know where Viewsonic hide their drivers? I've been able to get a few from Device ID hunting but she's a bit of a mission.

Thanks! :badpc:

wainuitech
22-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Are These Here (https://driverscollection.com/?H=VPC100&By=ViewSonic) What you are after ??

You scroll down the page, click on the Download Viewsonic {insert bla bla} Driver next page click on "Im Not A robot" / solve the captcha if it asks, and download the zipped file, there are some time restrictions - only so many during a time so it may be a bit slowish.

wratterus
22-07-2016, 02:31 PM
You're magic - I didn't find that particular site in my searching. Don't have the chipset, but got everything else, good enough for this anyway. Thanks heaps. :)

wratterus
22-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Flag that, I just managed to get the chipset driver - the ICH7 driver is part of Intel's INF update for 6,5,4,3 and 900 series chipsets, even though it doesn't say it is....fantastic.

That site is very useful - sort of what driverguide used to be before it got infested with adware and bloat.

wainuitech
22-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Flag that, I just managed to get the chipset driver - the ICH7 driver is part of Intel's INF update for 6,5,4,3 and 900 series chipsets, even though it doesn't say it is....fantastic.

That site is very useful - sort of what driverguide used to be before it got infested with adware and bloat. Yeah Driver Guide used to be good but haven't been there for ages now. Always a bit suspect about sites like that, as many say you have to download some sort of program to get the drivers ( as if that's gonna happen) ;) That one seems to offer zip files, I always scan them before hand, but so far all been good.