PDA

View Full Version : Help with screensaver, please

ianhnz
19-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Hi all.

Its school holidays and we have grandchildren staying with us.
A few months back we moved from Vista to windows 10 pro and I'm still very lost.
I used to turn on screensaver, with password, but don't know how to put screensaver passwords with win 10.
I did a Google search, How to set/change screensaver password on windows 10 Pro and was no help.
Hoping someone can help, in simple speak, please :thanks

wainuitech
19-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Simple terms- Easy as falling off a log :p Even quicker and easier than Vista.

1st You have to make sure you have a password to sign into your computer normally.( See Note below)

Assuming you have -- in search type in Screen Saver, select turn screen saver on or Off (See Picture) Then set the timer to what ever you want and make sure you tick the box " On Resume Display log on Screen"

Done.

7313 7314

The settings are exactly in the same place as Vista-W10 in the control panel, which you can also get to Via Right click start/Control panel.

Note: if you don't have a password to start with, create one - again simple :)

In search type in Sign in, open sign in options, create a password.

ianhnz
19-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Simple term- Easy as falling off a log :p

1st You have to make sure you have a password to sign into your computer normally.

Assuming you have -- in search type in Screen Saver, select turn screen saver on or Off (See Picture) Then set the timer to what ever you want and make sure you tick the box " On Resume Display log on Screen"

Done.

The settings are exactly in the same place as Vista-W10 in the control panel, which you can also get to Via Right click start/Control panel.

I know how to turn screensaver on, but dont know how to password it.
All you do now is move mouse, so that dont stop grandies.
It's different to the, log in password, ain't ???

wainuitech
19-07-2016, 10:07 AM
READ THE POST Fully,-- You have to have a password to start with, that's the very first thing mentioned even described how to create one. Its been that way for many previous OS's

If you want a different password from the log on one you cant.

ianhnz
19-07-2016, 10:24 AM
READ THE POST Fully,-- You have to have a password to start with, that's the very first thing mentioned even described how to create one. Its been that way for many previous OS's

If you want a different password from the log on one you cant.

So what you are says is the login password and screensaver are both the same? :waughh:
I'm sure XP and Vister you could have different?

wainuitech
19-07-2016, 02:31 PM
So what you are says is the login password and screensaver are both the same? :waughh:
I'm sure XP and Vista you could have different? XP and Vista are exactly the same. You use the same password that you use to sign in ( if its setup).

As pointed out in many places
The password used in a screensaver is that associated with your user account. A single account cannot have more than one password.

ianhnz
19-07-2016, 02:53 PM
XP and Vista are exactly the same. You use the same password that you use to sign in ( if its setup).

As pointed out in many places

Possibly because I didnt use log in passwords on older computers