PDA

View Full Version : driver site

jayal
19-06-2016, 01:13 PM
Programme:--CPUID\CPU-Z
having loaded drivers required from NVIDIA and every thing runing well, got a recommendation to check the programm above. Seemed to be a safe site so I allowed it to scan for missing drivers, found 1, "VIA HD Audio." The following comment is from CPUID\CPU-Z Any thoughts from "tech"members?

This is a LOGO driver.
This download provides a general sound effects driver with common functions. System manufacturers and motherboard vendors customize audio hardware and software, so to ensure optimal sound quality and compatibility, we strongly recommend you obtain the system-validated and certified audio drivers directly from your system manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer, not from VIA.

pctek
19-06-2016, 01:45 PM
1: If all is working fine, then leave them alone
2: if it's not or a driver really hasn't been installed, get it from the manufacturers website. For audio, this is the motherboard manufacturer.

jayal
19-06-2016, 05:37 PM
thanks Wainui, I did think of that but needed confirmation, so now I have it. Thank you.

bevy121
20-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Wainui ??? :illogical

linw
20-06-2016, 10:18 AM
Sheesh, he gets thanks even if he doesn't contribute!!

I'll thank pctek for jayal.

Zippity
20-06-2016, 10:29 AM
PM??

dugimodo
20-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Because I'm a gamer and graphics drivers are regularly tweaked for performance and stability I will always try to keep them up to date. For anything else I never look at it unless there is an issue. I think programs that scan your system for out of date drivers are more likely to cause issues than fix them.

Also I didn't know CPUID/CPU-Z had that feature, maybe I've just never noticed it or is it another utility by the same people?

Renegade
20-06-2016, 02:10 PM
I'd never noticed that in CPU-Z either, just gave it a whirl. The "Check For Bios Updates" takes you to biosagentplus.com and the Driver check takes you to driveragent.com. Probably more of the same PIA driver finder programs that want money.

pctek
20-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Sheesh, he gets thanks even if he doesn't contribute!!

LOL.

Doesn't bother me, as it's Wainui most of the time...easy enough to do.....who cares as long as the person with the question is happy.

linw
21-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Agree, he is a bit of a repeat offender!!

jayal
23-06-2016, 04:24 PM
my sincere apologies "pctech" Been in Auckland for a couple of days, working, no time to get online, back home now, cheers