PDA

View Full Version : Can't reinstal Skype win 10

micky
12-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Problem with Skype It was running OK decided to log out on my win10 laptop then couldn't login again wouldn't accept user name password, tried login with Microsoft account after changing password etc no joy.
Uninstalled from pc now it will not reinstall. Go to get Skype trys to connect to website to unable to connect. tried the exe. still no go.
I have configured it for my android phone and tablet with Microsoft password and both working fine, just can't get it back on my laptop

wainuitech
12-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Make sure you have the latest install file https://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/ When you go to install it, right click the exe, run as administrator. See if it installs OK. If not what is the complete error message ?

You can also run a check on the system, open a CMD type sfc /scannow <Press Enter> once finished, reboot, then try again.

Was this an upgrade from a previous OS or a fresh install ??? (upgrades often cause problems)

micky
12-06-2016, 03:06 PM
It was an upgrade, I did the scannow stil have the same problem also on another desktop PC

Kame
13-06-2016, 08:59 PM
That skype image is showing firefox is having trouble connecting to get.skype.com. Maybe internet problems, bad link, etc.

Follow wainuitech, download it and install, it will update if you have skype installed or tell you what you need to do.

micky
13-06-2016, 09:31 PM
OK did a system restore logged into Skype with my Microsoft account all good now. Thanks

micky
15-06-2016, 08:33 PM
The only way I could install Skype on my desktop win 10 was to do it with VPN enabled any thoughts?

Kame
15-06-2016, 08:59 PM
Can't understand your internet issue, are you just unable to get to that site or is your internet screwed which affects anything internet, including logging in to internet services.

Maybe your problem is bigger than just skype. Can you browse websites fine?

If it is only skype login and website affected, we need to know if anything like a firewall could be blocking such things, disable your firewall and test it. If it works, your firewall is not set up properly.