PDA

View Full Version : NZ City has gone AWOL

Robin S_
03-06-2016, 03:27 AM
We have used NZCity as our home page with Firefox for many years without problems, but all day today every attempt by Firefox to load it (on 2 computers, different OSs) time out. We can access websites (but not NZCity) directly from FF without problems. Does anyone have any inside info on what the problem is at NZCity and how long it may take to fix it? And can anyone suggest any similar NZ-oriented pages to use for a backup (or replacement) home page?

TIA

Lawrence
03-06-2016, 07:21 AM
I use it for their TV guide and have had no problems with it,use Pale Moon and also works with IE

Have you saved a page within NZ City that now has changed that you use? ,try to get their home page with Google to check

Could be ISP related also

CliveM
03-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Loads alright with Chrome on this Nexus 9

Misty
03-06-2016, 06:26 PM
I use it every day and many times a day, Robin, and have been having no problems at all. Great kicking off home page. We have lost our settings several times in the early days because we deleted the cookie for the site, however no longer do so as I do not let Ccleaner delete the cookies. This does not sound like the problem you have.

stu161204
04-06-2016, 12:23 AM
We use NZCity for our home page, and its has been fine all day today :)

Robin S_
04-06-2016, 02:14 AM
It came back during Friday morning (without my changing anything) and has been OK since. Can't figure it out. The same thing happened with both FF and IE. Our broadband was running and working OK all day.
Thanks to those who replied. Did any responders (apart from Stu) or anyone else connect successfully to NZCity during Thursday?
Lawrence - had made no changes to NZC for yonks, and trying to connect to the site directly by entering their address in the address bar in FF (running with no home page loaded) got the same result.
Misty - we use it similarly. It is a great home page - it doesn't push any self-serving barrows and gets straight to business on browser startup without plastering ads all over the screen. I would still like to know if anyone knows of any other home-page-providing sites with a similar style - preferrably NZ-based.

In a nutshell, everything worked except connecting to NZCity, either via existing browser settings or "manually" directly from the browser's address bar. This was using 2 computers on a single network and running 2 different Windows OSs.