PDA

View Full Version : MS Office download problem

linw
30-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Trying to retrieve an MSOffice 2010 Home and Business (she threw away the disk!!).

I extracted the Prod key and it was accepted on the MS download site but every time I try to download it it starts off then fails with 'Network Error'. Does this on two comps here with a perfectly functional fibre network. I created a new MS account for the woman and verified it with the email MS sent to her address.

site here https://www7.downloadoffice2010.microsoft.com

Guess no one can fix this but interested in other's experiences/ideas.

PS I have done downloads of Office before.

30-05-2016, 11:49 AM
Sometimes the MS download simply keeps crapping out (even on our fibre). You just have to keep trying .
Try Firefox & use it resume download function (I think the newer IE can resume downloads as well ?)

other times the download function simply goes offline for 1/2 a day, not good when I needed to download 2016 for an install :-)

Speedy Gonzales
30-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Or use the ISO downloader Lawrence posted. It's in there. But you need .net framework 4.6.1 to use it

linw
30-05-2016, 12:05 PM
Thanks, guys. I must thank Lawrence for his posting as I decided to give that a go and it downloaded the exe with no problem at all. No need to create an MS account, either.

That downloader is a keeper!

All is now well with the world! Until the next time!

linw
30-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Had another thought. Just as well the win 10 updates don't come from those crappy servers!!!!

Speedy Gonzales
30-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Their community forum is just as crappy today. Could have walked to town and back. Before it loaded anything !