PDA

View Full Version : canon N640Pex scanner problem

01-01-2002, 11:12 PM
hi all, just recieved a scanner as a gift....

i installed it.....and all the bundled software..restart it etc

press scan or preview in the toolbox, it starts find, says its calibrating then stops

error box shows up with

'Communication Error has occurred
Error Code: 0x00080800'

am running windows 98...P2 with 160mb RAM and 30Gb harddrive.....this is the 3rd scanner i have had on this computer.....is old drivers interfering?.....

canon website, suggested go to devise manager and set it as default in the image devises catergory.....mine doesn't have that catergory.....

any suggestions

thankyou

pudding

02-01-2002, 02:32 AM
I had a similair problem with my scanner... also a canon and had to change the twain settings in my bios....which I was carefully guided through and then I had to go to the canon site and download the latest drivers which made a huge difference.. the drivers that were bundled with it were out of date and this was a new model scanner.... try the drivers first and if that doesnt work then get help from someone who knows what tehy are doing and check your bios settings....warning...playing with bios without the proper knowledge is very very bad

02-01-2002, 09:11 PM
Flip scanner upside down and flick the scanner lock switch to the unlock position..

==Orac==

02-01-2002, 10:18 PM
man i thought had done that......you make me look like such and idiot....

thankyou very much, i don't know why i over looked it.....but thats all it was.... bugger it all!

you deserve the price this bulletin board is offering....

once again thanks your help

laters

pudding