PDA

View Full Version : thunderbird and hotmail

Peter Coleman
27-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Hi guys a few days ago my email from my hotmail account stopped downloading.For the last few years when I open thunderbird it will download my email from my xtra account and my hotmail account.My xtra acct still works but my hotmail says the authentication password is not recognised,but I haven't changed anything.Also if I go to the hotmail site I can still login with the same password I have always used.Why would that be.I have tried looking through all the setting in thunderbird but I can't actually find where I put the password in there for it to send it.Any ideas.Thanks

coldot
27-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Tools, Options, Security, Passwords, Saved Passwords, show all.....
Then delete ONLY the password that isn't working and next time you try to login for email it should present a blank slot for your to re-enter password.
That should work unless there are other problems in your T'bird.

bevy121
27-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Yea - MS have been changing things on the email front for a while, you might find it's at their end, not the email client
I lost download capability of 2 Hotmail accounts last month - a week apart each other - "authentication failed"

Anyhow, the way I got mine downloading to WLM again was to go to your Hotmail account settings here:

https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/options/popandimap

and if the - "Let devices and apps use POP" - is checked on 'NO' - then check the 'YES' and hit the "save" at the top

might be help full - not sure

Peter Coleman
28-05-2016, 09:25 AM
thanks guys,it was bevy's trick that did it.Thanks