PDA

View Full Version : Farmville vs PC

GermanShepherdN7
23-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Hello! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to speed up loading farms on Farmville. Some of the farms bring the PC to its knees.

My mother's Dell Inspiron (purchased early 2014) consists of the following:
Intel G3240
4.0 GB of DDR3 RAM
500 GB HD

The router and modem are up to spec.
PC is running Windows 10.
Speedtest reveals low to mid 90's for downloading.
Antivirus etc, shows machine is clean.
She tends to use Chrome or Firefox and they are up to date.

I was thinking of building a PC with the following specs:
Intel i3-6100
8 GB of DDR4 RAM
Samsung 500 GB EVO SSD

Would this help? Or is the problem not hardware but Zyngas servers etc, among other things?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Kame
23-05-2016, 05:52 PM
It's hard to say, although better hardware can improve it.

Things I would look at:

The browser being used. Try out as many as you can on just that specific game and see which one runs it better. Some browsers do things better than others.

The graphics and whether hardware acceleration is being used. Hardware is usually better to be used over Software.

Lots of RAM, it's just vital to have way more than you would need.

Fast internet, this is because you want the data being sent to and from the server, being quicker. You may even want a better processor (CPU) so it can crunch these bits quicker. WiFi maybe too unreliable, wired connection may give you better results.

Then maybe tweaks, remove crap not needed in the browser for your game, reduce the quality of it, reduce the viewable area.

Or just buy that new PC and see how things go, but the amount of people who play Farmville off many different devices without issues, usually suggests its probably software related problems than underpowered hardware.

GermanShepherdN7
24-05-2016, 05:36 AM
Thank you very much for your help, Kame!

My mom and I really appreciate your taking the time to provide your wisdom and advice! :)

pctek
24-05-2016, 08:42 AM
With games, exceeding the minimum specs is best. By a lot.
http://farmville2hints.com/system-requirements/farmville-2-recommended-system-requirements-for-best-performance

Online stuff like this though, the internet connection itself will also have a lot to do with it.

GermanShepherdN7
24-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Thank you very much pctek for your help!

That's a great link! :)