PDA

View Full Version : Can't enter BIOS setting on new motherboard

karbren
20-05-2016, 08:27 PM
I have bought a new motherboard and connected it all up with my original parts previously but when I started it up it said I have a new CPU. But when I tried to enter the UEFI BIOS setting by trying F2 or Del it won't work but comes up with another screen telling me the specs of the computer with a message at the bottom.
" USB Device Over Current Status Detected" Computer will shut down after 15 seconds. Is this the reason I cannot enter the Bios???

wainuitech
20-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Some USB device could be short circuiting. Check to make sure none of the pressure tabs on the backplate have gone into a USB port. if they are all OK, then you may have a short somewhere between the case and the motherboard. If its the original case, make sure none of the front USB plugs are broken, sometimes the alignment tab in the USB port gets broken and the pins bent resulting in a short.

karbren
20-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Thanks WT I discovered it was one of the USB from the tower that plugs into the motherboard. The pins are not bent or short but all was fine before. All sorted now and up and running. So far anyway.