PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new case for current PC

skeptile2
16-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for a new case for my current PC. I have an Extended ATX board (ROG Maximus 4) and an Asus OC DCUII 770 GPU and a Hyper 212 Evo CPU heatsink - and 1 each of SSD and HDD.
I currently have a Cooler Master Haf X which is massive, heavy, and kinda annoying (I got it second hand for free). So basically I want to get a new case which will fit all my current parts, be lighter, and lower profile - however I would also like a clear side panel. 3 possibles that I'm currently looking at are:

Phanteks eclipse P400
Corsair Carbide 400C
Corsair Obsidian 750D (might be a bit big, not sure)

Does anyone have these cases and can tell me what they're like? Anyone have any other recommendations of cases that fit my requirements? Am I missing something and these cases won't fit my parts?

Thanks,

Skeptile

pctek
17-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Cases are too personal a thing to make recommendations.

The only thing people could comment on is size. Unless you have a very long GPU, a mid tower would be fine.
What sort, what design etc is like art - everyone has different tastes.

I have a massive, heavy case - mainly cause I did have a super long GPU at the time, but I like the case.....can find no reason to change it now.
Not like it gets moved around much anyway.

17-05-2016, 10:38 AM
search the internets for some reviews
last 2 gamer cases I bought had some serious design issues : eg couldnt remove PSU unless CPU heatsink was removed, issues with very poor thought out HD rails (side of case pressed hard against HD connectors)

I hate screwless cases, such a stupid concept. If you are so hopeless that you dont own a screwdriver ...... :) The plastic bits instead of screws often dont work that well .
Also , think about if you want a really quiet PC, or if fan noise doesnt bother you .

skeptile2
17-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Yea I wasn't really asking what you guys thought of the cases exactly, more just making sure my parts would fit there - I think they should, but it's always good to get a second set of eyes looking at it. And also asking if you had seen any others that would fit what I'm after.

1101 is one of them screwless? I definitely don't want a screwless case... I also don't reeeeally want a "gamer" case - I am looking for a more low profile one.

Slankydudl
19-05-2016, 01:32 AM
Most new cases are so good nowadays I find I hard to really go wrong. As others have said, Make a list of what you like the look of the most and then from there see what suits your build and what doesn't.

Ninjabear
20-05-2016, 02:48 PM
I quite like inwin cases