PDA

View Full Version : Smart Phone Email issue

bk T
16-05-2016, 12:58 PM
1. I have my Outlook 2013 set up with 2 accounts: Xtramail and Gmail.

2. Android smart phone setup with Gmail only.

3. Outlook 2013 has no issue with send/receive, working perfectly as it should.

But when sending an email from smartphone to my Xtramail, Outlook 2013 receives it in both Xtramail account and Gmail accounts - Gmail account receives a duplicate copy of the email.

Why is it so? Android phone running version 6.0.1

Is there a way to correct it?

Cheers

bk T
17-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Bump.

Any suggestions?

17-05-2016, 10:31 AM
login to gmail webmail , on FF or IE on the PC, send the email via webmail & see what happens

try another email client on the ph. Aquamail is quite good.
Check both the gmail & extra a/c (login via webmail on the browser), check for any mail forwarding rules
Check for mail rules in outlook

"Outlook 2013 receives it in both Xtramail account and Gmail accounts"
login to xtra & gmain webmail & see if that duplicate email is in there, to confirm if its just outlook doing this or not.

Kame
17-05-2016, 05:39 PM
Would be easier to see the header to tell what is actually going on, otherwise we are blindly seeing who the actual recipient is and whether forwarding rules took place.

Also, are you sure you are not seeing conversation mode, where it displays both sent and received emails? You may not be receiving anything other than seeing your sent emails.

dugimodo
17-05-2016, 09:12 PM
I think there's a setting on some e-mail clients to send yourself a copy, maybe check for that on the phone.

bk T
18-05-2016, 09:47 AM
Thank you guys. It could probably be my Gmail settings; as I sent an email from another PC to my Xtramail, Outlook 2013's Gmail account also receives a duplicate copy of the email.

Will take a closer look at Gmail settings later today see if I could find something.