PDA

View Full Version : Email address, etc.

ianhnz
13-05-2016, 02:39 PM
Hi guys.
In a few weeks my poor, beloved, lappy going into get a SSD fitted.

When our computer guy loaded our windows 10 he setup our emails on Thunderbird.

My problem is we have 5 separate G Mail address we use on it and I can't remember the passwords.

Is there some tool, or app, that I can get to tell me these?

What we did last was to reset them all, but all different.

Thanks,

Ian

Speedy Gonzales
13-05-2016, 03:16 PM
Go to the Gmail site and click on need help / I forgot my password

beama
13-05-2016, 03:28 PM
if you use Google Chrome You may be able to retrieve the passwords using the password manager found in settings..... advanced

wainuitech
13-05-2016, 04:25 PM
Download and run mailpass View http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mailpv.html

WARNING: turn off your antivirus while doing it, some AV's will say its a infection, its NOT its just the way it works ( google it and you'll see) What it will do is show you all the passwords, and complete account details for all email accounts on the computer.

The download - get the Zipped file which is near the bottom of the page right under the FEEDBACK. OR Direct Link here (http://www.nirsoft.net/toolsdownload/mailpv.zip)

You can then save the results to a txt file.

linw
13-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Then, when you have the passwords, write them on yellow post-its and stick them to the screen!!

But, seriously, get a free password safe program and enter all your passwords there. I use Password Safe but there are several others.

ianhnz
13-05-2016, 05:35 PM
Go to the Gmail site and click on need help / I forgot my password
Thanks Speedy, but all that does is resets the passwords.

ianhnz
13-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Thanks all for quick responce :)

Speedy Gonzales
13-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Yeah well change them

wainuitech
13-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Yeah well change them Why change 5 passwords when you can simply use the current working ones -- just run mailpassview and bingo all the details. All done in less than 15 seconds.

You may be surprised how many people say "we dont have a password we simply open the mail and it logs in" -- Wanna Bet -- Run the program and the usual response when showing them the password is -- Oh we put that in years ago ( no kidding)

Geek4414
19-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Why change 5 passwords when you can simply use the current working ones -- just run mailpassview and bingo all the details. All done in less than 15 seconds.

You may be surprised how many people say "we dont have a password we simply open the mail and it logs in" -- Wanna Bet -- Run the program and the usual response when showing them the password is -- Oh we put that in years ago ( no kidding)

+1 for mailpass, use that regularly as most people do not remember any passwords since it's saved in their email client.

Remember to delete the mailpass program after you've used it, otherwise, any one else borrowing your computer may accidentally find out all your passwords. Also remember to not use your banking password for your email etc.

ianhnz
19-05-2016, 06:04 PM
I did try that mailpass, a few days ago.
Did show a single password, in Thunderbird.
Strange, but true.

Renegade
19-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Don't really need Mailpv for Thunderbird, although it is quicker.
Tools -> Options -> Security -> Saved Passwords -> Show Passwords ;)

Billy T
19-05-2016, 10:46 PM
I keep a hard copy file of all passwords and log-ons.

I find it very reliable, and it has never crashed or been hacked.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

pcuser42
19-05-2016, 10:50 PM
I keep a hard copy file of all passwords and log-ons.I find it very reliable, and it has never crashed or been hacked.CheersBilly 8-{) :DCool, I'll just go and take that from your desk then ;)

ianhnz
20-05-2016, 09:39 AM
Don't really need Mailpv for Thunderbird, although it is quicker.
Tools -> Options -> Security -> Saved Passwords -> Show Passwords ;)

That is so cool.
Thank you.
Had a whole lota e ones too, but main ones at top.
Great and now have hard copy.:annoyed::annoyed:

ianhnz
20-05-2016, 09:40 AM
I keep a hard copy file of all passwords and log-ons.

I find it very reliable, and it has never crashed or been hacked.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :D

Thanks,
Done that now.
Had computers since early 90's and not done that before.
Must be getting old.............

dugimodo
20-05-2016, 10:35 AM
I use the pocket android app to store all my passwords and logins, just have to remember one password that way.