PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail now Outlook

Lurking
03-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Wife's Hotmail now opens in Outlook, on W10 pc.

Received a email with attached invoice for work done.

Could not open attachment in PDF form and within the email advised by sender to let them know.

Muggins lurking thought he would forward to his pc using the drop down under REPLY button.

Microsoft icon popped out from L/H side stating a problem, as usual did not stay out long enough to comprehend what it said.

The Sent box stated the forwarded email sent to an entirely different sender.

Next effort also sent to different sender.

3rd & 4th attempts finally went where they were supposed to.

Moral of the story:

Was not going to let Outlook mail beat me.

lurking.

wainuitech
03-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Thats one of the first items I change, by default Edge handles PDF files - Hmmmm. I install Nitro Reader, then go into the settings and change the default from Edge to Nitro.

Lurking
03-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Thats one of the first items I change, by default Edge handles PDF files - Hmmmm. I install Nitro Reader, then go into the settings and change the default from Edge to Nitro.

That's better, E worked a charm. FF might have lost a customer with wifey.

lurking.

dugimodo
04-05-2016, 08:44 AM
While I like windows 8/10 for the most part I am not a fan of the default program settings of either. MA seems convinced their new modern apps are better and everyone should use them I think.
Edge still hasn't proven itself to me, and I prefer webmail to outlook (which is really office not windows but still is MS and takes over if you let it). On the plus side word does a surprisingly good job of opening PDF files and converting them to editable forms.

04-05-2016, 09:26 AM
That's better, E worked a charm. FF might have lost a customer with wifey.

lurking.

Not a FF issue. Its a issue with not having a good pdf reader installed , and/or the issue with Win10 changing default apps after youve set them to what you want .
http://betanews.com/2016/02/16/has-windows-10-reset-your-default-apps-back-to-microsoft-stock/