PDA

View Full Version : Eset Nod32 licence

bk T
02-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Received email from Eset Nod32 that my licence to use this ESET software will expire very shortly, and the renewal for 1 year is $49.52 incl GST.

I could buy another retail copy from the computer shop @ $41.40 incl GST. It is about 20% cheaper to buy a new copy!

Can I buy a new copy and use the licence key to renew my existing licence? Or I got to uninstall the existing copy when it expires and reinstall the new copy?

Wainuitech maybe able to explain the above.

Thanks.

wainuitech
02-05-2016, 08:55 AM
If you got a new license you only have to change the codes.

BUT I'd be VERY SUSPECT, that price for a NEW license is well BELOW Wholesale (dealer buy) EXCLUDING gst, that's saying it $36 +gst If they are getting it from Eset then they are selling below cost or doing something dodgy.

wratterus
02-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Yeah something really isn't right there at all. Would you mind letting one of know which shop this is via PM?

Renegade
02-05-2016, 02:00 PM
PB are selling Smart Security OEM for $44.85.

bk T
02-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Yeah something really isn't right there at all. Would you mind letting one of know which shop this is via PM?

PB Tech. Through a friend who has an account with them.

wratterus
02-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Oh right. Didn't even realized PB sold Eset licenses. That is extremely cheap.

wainuitech
02-05-2016, 03:52 PM
Oh right. Didn't even realized PB sold Eset licenses. That is extremely cheap. Yep and I just found out why.

I just rang Eset to see WTF was going on , able to sell it so cheap when the rest of us honest dealers cant get it at that price.

They got caught-- PB Tech doing dodgy sales.:groan:

Its OEM, which means it has to be sold with a New computer ( even says on their site) BUT they have been selling it out of OEM, as straight sales. :groan:

Eset have put a stop to selling it as OEM to PB Tech a while back - because its against the sales agreement (Apparently some other dealers have rung and complained as well -- The person I was talking to knows all about it). They are only able to sell stock they have at the moment, its actually licensed to PB Tech still, and cant be transferred over to the actual user until after the first renewal a year later.

bk T
02-05-2016, 04:04 PM
OIC.

So, if my new PC was installed with an OEM copy of Nod32, I got no choice but to renew it online, or buy a retail copy in order to use it?

wratterus
02-05-2016, 04:11 PM
Naughty. Bad PB. :badpc:

wainuitech
02-05-2016, 04:13 PM
OIC.

So, if my new PC was installed with an OEM copy of Nod32, I got no choice but to renew it online, or buy a retail copy in order to use it? Cant really answer that, as I don't know.

But look at it this way, its roughly $8 over a year to do it honestly and have no problems.

Hell that's less than 1 cup of coffee in Auckland isn't it ? :p

wainuitech
02-05-2016, 10:32 PM
OIC.

So, if my new PC was installed with an OEM copy of Nod32, I got no choice but to renew it online, or buy a retail copy in order to use it? Just been doing some browsing, have a look at PB Tech renewal page, notice ALL the Eset products are listed as out of stock --------- http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=c&p=licences None of these are actually "out of stock" from Eset -- Read that as you will.

pctek
03-05-2016, 06:48 AM
Eset Nod32 renewal for 1 year is $49.52 incl GST.

That's not much really. far less than a tank of petrol....