PDA

View Full Version : Win 10 64bit - random unknown freezing

Chikara
30-04-2016, 10:52 PM
Hello everyone,
Happy weekend!

Since I got my new PC build late last year, I've been ironing out a few bugs. I think only one remains.

I usually keep my machine running 24/7, even when I'm not home.
When I am not home, I turn the screen off (at the front panel, not at mains) but the machine is still running normally.
My power setting is 'High Performance' - set to never turn the machine into sleep mode, but the screen is set to turn off after 15mins.

Regularly (maybe once a week, but sometimes more often and sometimes less often), I find that the machine is not responsive. That means - when I turn the screen back on, the screen power light changes from off to orange - presumably meaning no dispaly signal. Moving the mouse or hitting the keyboard keys does nothing.
Because I can't see what is on the display, I don't know exactly what has happened, but I assume it's a freeze of some sort.
If I try and access the machine via VPN from my mobile phone or laptop (using TeamViewer), the PC doesn't appear online, so I can't activate it or shut it down that way.
means the only option I have is to turn it off by holding pressing the power button - which I am sure is not good for hardware or software.

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot what may be causing this. I have looked at Event viewer and can't see anything obvious, but to be honest I don;t really know what I am looking for there.
I was wondering if it's due to overheating when I am not home, I am in a warm location, but the machine also has water cooling so I don't think it should be that.

The machine is Win 10, 64 bit, Intel i7-6700k, MB Asus Maximus VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, GPU GeForce GTX970 1xSSD HDD, and 2x normal HDD's.
All Windows updates are up to date.

Thanks in advance for helping me troubleshoot what's causing these freezes or problems

Chikara
30-04-2016, 11:00 PM
PS - Have run a scandisk /sfc, no problems there, plus anti-virus and malware scans, etc

Speedy Gonzales
30-04-2016, 11:37 PM
Update the BIOS in the BIOS if 1601 isnt on it now. The last 2 updates improve system stability

Speedy Gonzales
30-04-2016, 11:41 PM
Does the SSD have windows on it?? What is it?? And is the firmware on the SSD the latest firmware?

Chikara
30-04-2016, 11:42 PM
Thanks Speedy, yes I already have that BIOS on it, I updated it a few weeks ago. And I still have had the freeze/crash since then, it happened again during the last week while I was away

Chikara
30-04-2016, 11:46 PM
Yep, the SSD is the C drive which has the Windows install on it.
It's a Samsung 850 PRO 512GB, and according to 'Samsung Magician' it's the latest firmware, EXM02B6Q

tweak'e
01-05-2016, 11:52 AM
have you got the asus software installed?
i had similar issues and it was the asus software causing it. can't remember which exact one it was tho.

Chikara
01-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Hi tweak'e, yes I do have some of the Asus software installed..I have AI Suite 3 installed but it's set to not auto-run. Plus Asus GPU TweakII, and EZ update

Speedy Gonzales
01-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Just replied to your PM. I would uninstall Comodo fw for now. It looks like it can freeze windows 10

See if that stops the freezing. Or disable MBAM from loading in startup. It and Comodo maybe conflicting?

pctek
01-05-2016, 01:32 PM
I usually keep my machine running 24/7, even when I'm not home.

I think you have enough suggestions so just a comment.
Why?
What a waste of power.

Chikara
01-05-2016, 01:34 PM
I think you have enough suggestions so just a comment.
Why?
What a waste of power.

Well, I travel a lot for my job and am away from home a lot, so I often will VPN into it when away

b....
01-05-2016, 01:40 PM
Could I be so bold to ask why you would leave the computer running 24/7 with the monitor off, rather than putting it into sleep or hibernate?

Our PC has a SSD and is set to turn the monitor off after 5 minutes and the hard disk after 10 minutes.
Tap the space bar and it is up in running in a few seconds.
Saves power and you don't have the fans running all day.

Chikara
01-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Actually I did used to have similar settings. But I changed it as part of my troubleshooting for this issue (I had read on a few forums that power plans that hibernate and/or turn off the disks, could sometimes cause freezing)
Also, if I am not home to tap the space bar or move the mouse... would the computer respond if I try and connect via VPN?

b....
01-05-2016, 02:21 PM
Wake on LAN?

Chikara
01-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Yes, not sure... seeing as changing the power settings didn't fix my freezing problem, I might change them back and then try that and see

feersumendjinn
01-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Power cuts/brownouts?
Singapore?
Try setting it so it doesn't restart after power loss, to check for that.

Chikara
01-05-2016, 03:39 PM
I suppose it's a possibility, but the power supply here is good and very reliable, plus I only have this problem with my current PC which I got late last year. I never had the same problem with my last PC, so I am pretty confident it's not the electricity supply

feersumendjinn
01-05-2016, 03:44 PM
What size/brand psu do you have?
Can't see it mentioned.

Chilling_Silence
01-05-2016, 03:50 PM
"2x normal HDDs"
What brand / model are they? I know that my computer exhibits similar behavior when the WD Blue goes to sleep and it has to wake it up, this appears to be independent from the Windows Power settings.

SurferJoe46
01-05-2016, 03:51 PM
I have no idea what this means - but it looks important to me.

I Googled it. Ain't that good?

If you use Win10, I guess you know what all this means. I don't. :devil - I'm in a heated match wrestling with Linux right now, and that's enough for me. You can keep windows.

Require a password on wakeup
Hard disk
* Maximum Power Level
* Turn off hard disk after
Internet Explorer
* JavaScript Timer Frequency
Desktop background settings
* Slide show
Wireless Adapter Settings
Power Saving Mode
Sleep
* Sleep after
* Allow hybrid sleep
* Hibernate after
* Allow wake timers USB settings
* USB selective suspend setting
Power buttons and lid
* Power button action
PCI Express
* Link State Power Management
Processor power management
* Minimum processor state
* System cooling policy
* Maximum processor state
Display
* Turn off display after
* Enable adaptive brightness
Multimedia settings
* When sharing media
* When playing video

Chikara
01-05-2016, 03:52 PM
@feersumendjin, it's a CoolerMaster 750W PSU.
I don't think the machine is restarting by itself and then freezing, because on the rare occasions it happened when I was at home (I was in the same room but not using it at the time) I never heard the beep etc that usually happens when it restarts. I'm 99% sure it's some sort of software problem/conflict, or maybe some other hardware component

Chikara
01-05-2016, 03:58 PM
"2x normal HDDs"
What brand / model are they? I know that my computer exhibits similar behavior when the WD Blue goes to sleep and it has to wake it up, this appears to be independent from the Windows Power settings.

The normal HDD's are both WD Blacks, one is for less-used programs and games to save space on my SSD, the other is for data.

Chikara
01-05-2016, 04:02 PM
I have no idea what this means - but it looks important to me.

I Googled it. Ain't that good?

If you use Win10, I guess you know what all this means. I don't. :devil - I'm in a heated match wrestling with Linux right now, and that's enough for me. You can keep windows.

Hi SurferJoe46, trust me, I have spend many hours googling this before coming here.
Looks like those settings you posted are advanced power settings. I have tried adjusting my power settings already. Are these recommended power settings you found somewhere?

SurferJoe46
01-05-2016, 04:16 PM
Yes, they are. Have you played in the Advanced Power Settings yet?

Chikara
01-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Yep, I've had a play with the advanced settings. I previously tried turning off anything that might hibernate/sleep the system, just to rule that out. The only one that I haven't tried yet, which I just changed now, is the USB selective suspend setting. Previously it was enabled, I have now changed it to disabled.
I did notice in the advanced setting there is 'turn off hard disk after xx minutes setting', which cannot be never, it must be a value. But I have assumed that is over-ridden my the main power setting which says never sleep...

SurferJoe46
01-05-2016, 04:39 PM
I have to confess that I have a buddy here who works at this stuff 5 days a week. He's good - I am not - at figuring out Win snafus.

You didn't think I got this smart about M$ stuff overnight - did you?

He can help you personally - ask anyone here if I can be trusted - as I trust my friend with my life, checkbook, refrigerator and my dog, but not my cat.

We/he can use Team Viewer if you're up to it and have that trust. Let me know in the next 15 minutes or so.

Chikara
01-05-2016, 04:42 PM
Sure, I am happy to receive any help that is on offer. I can use TeamViewer with him, I'm home at the moment too so I can also see what he's doing. If he's happy to help it's worth a try!

SurferJoe46
01-05-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm downloading T/V right now - somewhat slow - give me a few minutes and I'll turn the QWERTY over to him.

His name is John.

Chikara
01-05-2016, 04:49 PM
Sure, sounds good! When you are ready, send me a PM and I will reply with the ID and password for TV

SurferJoe46
01-05-2016, 04:53 PM
I'll close my eyes when I get it so it'll remain safe.

5 minutes to finish download.

SurferJoe46
01-05-2016, 05:10 PM
pm in your box

SurferJoe46
01-05-2016, 05:14 PM
going for 10:30 pm her. My friend has appointments in the am. :)

wainuitech
01-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Sorry for this Chikara- But this post has become quite comical ;)

Lets see just how good SJ 's mate really is.
I have to confess that I have a buddy here who works at this stuff 5 days a week. He's good

There's one item that NO ONE has mentioned and high on the cause for a PC freezing. May or may not be the problem in this case but any tech should know its a possible cause and test. (Team Viewer, wont see it either).

SurferJoe46
01-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Sorry for this Chikara- But this post has become quite comical ;)

Lets see just how good SJ 's mate really is.

There's one item that NO ONE has mentioned and high on the cause for a PC freezing. May or may not be the problem in this case but any tech should know its a possible cause and test. (Team Viewer, wont see it either).

John waited around as long as he could. It's 22:40 here right now and he has appointments in the AM:30 so he hadda go.

wainuitech
01-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Side issue to above:
I did notice in the advanced setting there is 'turn off hard disk after xx minutes setting', which cannot be never

Errrrrrrr ???

Speedy Gonzales
01-05-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm checking it out at the mo..

Speedy Gonzales
01-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Hmm looks like Sonic Studio doesnt like Utorrent when it's running. According to one post on the Uttorent forum/site, something may / can conflict. In the windows logs, Sonic was crashing Utorrentie.exe

So, Chikara is going to uninstall Sonic Studio. If nothing happens he may / or will uninstall Utorrent and install Qbittorent instead

It looks like some messaging app was crashing as well (Naverline or Line or something). So we removed that as well

Speedy Gonzales
01-05-2016, 06:30 PM
Double post - can be deleted

Chikara
01-05-2016, 07:38 PM
Side issue to above:

Errrrrrrr ???

I don;t have that option in mine..in mine, I am only able to select minutes.

Wainui, your other post where you said there is something no-one has mentioned, that's high on the list of causing freezing. Are you going to mention it?

wainuitech
01-05-2016, 10:15 PM
I don;t have that option in mine..in mine, I am only able to select minutes.

Wainui, your other post where you said there is something no-one has mentioned, that's high on the list of causing freezing. Are you going to mention it?

Re the power: on the drop down arrow where the time is, keep clicking the down Arrow -- it should go --5,4,3,2,1,0, Never

Re the freezing --I'm really surprised no one has actually suggested doing a memory test.

Fault memory, esp if its idle can be a cause. Even when a computer is doing nothing, memory is being accessed, and all it needs is to have one fault and hit it, and it can freeze.

It may or may not have a fault, but without testing you would never know.

Another problem I've seen a bit is the WD Black Drives, they can do all sorts of weird problems. Out of all the failed 3.5 Drives I've seen WD Blacks are the most.

Got one here - I was given it, all of a sudden you cant install ANY OS on it, it simply crashes, its been tested left right and center, everything says its fine.

As a test, if you can , unplug all HDD's apart from the SSD, see if it still plays up.

It May not even be freezing, it may be something else. If you open eventvwr and look at the logs, under system, a "true Freeze" there will be a block of time that's stopped when its meant to have frozen. Meaning if say it "froze" at 9.00am, yet the computer was on after that, and rebooted at 10.00am then the logs would jump from 9-10 with nothing in between. If there are entries between those times and there will be a LOT of normal, then its not actually frozen ( hope that makes sense)

Chikara
02-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Thanks Wainui.
Re the power, yes I see that option now. I must have not kept clicking far enough beyond '0' to see the 'never' option.

I started doing the memory test last night. I started early evening and when I went to bed last night it was just starting pass 4 out of 4, had been running for 5 hours or so, and no errors. I turned the monitor off (pressing button at the front of it), and left it to finish.
When I woke up this morning, I had the same problem as before. Turned the monitor back on by pressing the button on the front, monitor light comes on but stays orange. So, can't see what is happening on the screen. PC is powered up though,fan and lights etc are on, so I have no choice to shut it off by pressing the power button.

I'm not sure if this narrows down the problem or not. If the memory test completed, I suppose it would have stayed on a page showing me the results, and not booted until I took an action? Or, possibly there was a fail in the final part of the testing that I did not see.
Even if this particular freeze wasn't due to a memory test error, at least it seems to indicate the freezing is not be software related? As the machine presumably hadn't booted by this point (Memtest was run from CD at boot).

I will run another memtest today, earlier, so I can see the results this time and I will post again here.

zqwerty
02-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Try another monitor,

I had this problem with one of my computers about three years ago.

Would randomly stop working in the way yours is doing. Tried mem-test, altering settings, resetting ram, turned out that the monitor was faulty. Took me about a year to find this fault since lots of the time it was fine, and as you say once you hear the computer fans going but nothing on screen only thing to do is hard reset, never thought to try another monitor.

I started to believe it was a faulty motherboard.

I have another monitor here of the same type with the same problem, HP 1740.

Chikara
03-05-2016, 01:06 AM
Well today I ran the memtest again, and kept an eye on it as it was running this time. No errors at all, so I can probably rule that out. I will try some of the other suggestions here and let you know any progress. Thanks for all your help so far.

wainuitech
03-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Well today I ran the memtest again, and kept an eye on it as it was running this time. No errors at all, so I can probably rule that out. I will try some of the other suggestions here and let you know any progress. Thanks for all your help so far. Sounds like the memory is OK, so that can be eliminated.

From the description sounds similar to the Graphics going to sleep and then the monitor not detecting them when being turned on, of course on a reboot they are active again so away it goes. It may not be freezing at all.

What you can try, is even while the monitor is off press ctrl+Alt+Del, look at the activity light on the computer if its actually running it will flicker a little. If it does , its not frozen.

03-05-2016, 11:56 AM
What you can try, is even while the monitor is off press ctrl+Alt+Del, look at the activity light on the computer if its actually running it will flicker a little. If it does , its not frozen.

or, press the numlock or caps lock on the keyboard a few times. If the Keyboard leds go on/off, its probably not frozen.

Chilling_Silence
04-05-2016, 11:56 AM
My money says it's:
- HDD's sleeping
- Motherboard fault
- Driver issue

If you do as wainuitech suggests and unplug them, leaving JUST the SSD, see if the issue goes away.

Chikara
04-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Hi,
I have also come across this thread while researching this problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/3mlopp/windows_10_freezingblack_screen_after_resuming/

So it is possible it's a NVidia driver issue which I hadn't previously considered.
Will continue to try some of the suggestions here and report back if I make any progress.

Edit - is it possible a dodgy keyboard could also cause some of these issues? Occasionally I have had some characters not working on my keyboard. Usually I just unplug it and plug it back in and it's back working fine again, and I haven't given it a second thought. The keyboard used to also do this with my old PC too, so I never gave it a second thought, but is this maybe a cause too?

wainuitech
04-05-2016, 02:30 PM
Just a long shot, but its the cause of many screens not coming out of Sleep mode ( black screen with flashing cursor) . Disable Fast Startup -- Go into the control panel / Power Options- On the LEFT - select " Choose what the Power Button Does" - Click "change settings that are not currently available" - then untick Turn on Fast Startup. Reboot

Side Issue -- I'm dangerous today :D having a fiddle - Hey got to do something while I wait, all other jobs are finished- well apart from paperwork- so good time to do that.

Data recovery from a 4TB drive :sleep:sleep

Chikara
05-05-2016, 05:11 AM
I don't have that option available (turn off fast startup) - see the screenshot. I'm sure I'm in the correct menu as per your steps. Is that because I have a SSD? Maybe that setting is only available for regular HDD's, not SSD's??

wainuitech
05-05-2016, 09:22 AM
This is almost sounding like a catch 22 but its not.

Open a Command prompt as Admin, type in powercfg /hibernate on <press Enter> and the option will now be there when you reopen the window.

Fast startup is a sort of hybrid sleep mode, This article here (http://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/) explains it.

Its something to try, may or may not solve the problem.

Its a common cause for graphics not working again on startup, black screen with flashing cursor -- If you have a computer thats in that state you can go into recovery mode and edit the registry (this option to turn off doesn't work in safe mode). On restart 99.9% of the time it will boot fine after that.

Chikara
06-05-2016, 02:45 AM
Hi, OK got it, I ran the command prompt and that made the setting visible. I've now changed that setting, like you said it's worth a try!

Speedy Gonzales
06-05-2016, 03:20 PM
If you're using 10586.218 the prob maybe the updates that came out last month.

Microsoft wanted to know if any users had issues, with 2 of the updates last month. I would say yup (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/microsoft-wants-to-know-anyone-seeing-issues-with/8cc2af67-d1ef-43d8-8658-b5c5a69be530)

Chikara
07-05-2016, 02:56 PM
I think the problem was already existing before those updates.
And the problem still remains unfortunately. Went to use the PC this morning, and same problem again. Monitor light is only orange not green, no moving of mouse or keyboard will bring it to life. Tried accessing TeamViewer via another device and Teamviewer for this PC is showing not online, so the only option again is to power it off by pressing the power button. Very frustrating!

wainuitech
07-05-2016, 04:44 PM
I think the problem was already existing before those updates.
And the problem still remains unfortunately. Went to use the PC this morning, and same problem again. Monitor light is only orange not green, no moving of mouse or keyboard will bring it to life. Tried accessing TeamViewer via another device and Teamviewer for this PC is showing not online, so the only option again is to power it off by pressing the power button. Very frustrating!

OKAY-- Time to get serious :stare: :tui:

Click on the search ( next to the start ) type in reli open the reliability history. at the time its not responding have a look for any errors, if there are any click on them and post back what they are ( there will be not shut down correctly) but this will be because of the restarts.

Have you got the power settings to never turn off ? Also check in the BIOS, there may be an option to wake -- if its disabled try changing it.

Failing all that, you need to determine is its actually freezing or simply the display not waking up or the machine turning off functions.

BUT if TV cant see it then there's certainly something shutting down.

On that line of thought -- Is this connecting Via Ethernet or Wireless ?

Chikara
07-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Hi Wainui, that's an interesting tool I didn't know existed.
There is an error for "NVIDIA Network Stream Service" - "Stopped working", actually two errors both saying the same thing, but both of these were this morning after I already had restarted the PC. There were none yesterday, and the PC was working fine when I went to bed last night.
Going back further, there are a few other errors for applications stopped working. I've taken some screenshots going back the last week and put them here. (The ones relating to Line / NaverLine, this is a messaging app which I have since uninstalled)

Yep, the power setting is set to never turn off. I will check BIOS soon for a option to wake, I'll restart after I post this, and check that setting.
This is a desktop PC, so it is only connected by Ethernet, I don't have wireless capability on it.

Chikara
07-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Plus one more - could only attach max. 5 attachments in a single post

wainuitech
07-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Windows has a LOT of actions, ( like the reliability monitor) that most don't know exist. I know of a couple, but I KNOW theres plenty I don't know about.

Going by the errors, I'd say its the problem. Graphic and network. ( which can be why you cant TV in and the monitor wont come to life). Just trying to see what NAVER.LINE actually is.

Suggestion:
What you may have to do is full uninstall ALL NVidia drivers/software, then reinstall it. Download the latest software first from NVidia - then download, run and uninstall ALL NVidia drivers, you can use http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html for the Graphics, not to sure if it does the network as well (I only use it for graphic removal).

Scroll down the page and the download links are further down, currently 15.7 ----- If It doesn't you can go into device manager, expand out the network adaptor, uninstall and select remove drivers as well.

Once its rebooted you'll need to put them back fresh. If you don't fully remove the drivers on reboot the old ones will simply reinstall.

Chikara
21-06-2016, 03:36 AM
Hi all, I am sorry to report that I am still having this same issue (randomly freezing). I have tried the graphics driver uninstall/reinstall as per Wainui's previous instructions, problems remains, so we can rule out the graphics driver as the cause I guess.
The latest freeze happened tonight actually I was using it, so the only other things I can add to what I have already reported are:
- one of my browser windows was a flash-based game. I had noticed some graphic display issues (eg small rectangular shapred part within the page not displaying properly/refreshing. This has occasionally happened before, and when I reloaded the page it woudl always fix it. It only ever happens on this game so I put it down to a flash error/coding error with the game, but I thought I would mention in here in case it's related
- I wasn;t doing anything taxing when the latest freeze occured. Playing some music, a few browser windows open, Outlook I think also was open, uTorrent (but no active transfers), and I think that was about it
- The screen literally just froze, keyboard and mouse etc unresponsive, only way was to hold power button down to turn off
- I did notice the keyboard backlight behind the keys went off as soon as the freeze happened
- The lan plug at the back of teh PC still had the flashing green light though
- The music I was playing, just stopped dead (no stuttering/jerking) - just could hear a small hum through the speakers

I really am at a loss what to do next. Any suggestions on what I should do next please??

I don't have a spare power supply to test that. I have already done a RAM memory test, no issues detected. SHould I do some sort of stresstest on the MB/CPU also?
I know there was also another suggestion to run the PC without the extra HD's (just use the SSD only) but I don;t know how I can do that as all my data and some of my programs are on those HDD's. Is there any other kind of tests I should do?

Chikara
21-06-2016, 03:37 AM
(sorry double post)

Chikara
21-06-2016, 05:30 AM
I just ran the Unigine Valley Benchmark test also. In basic mode, FPS varies between 100-160 depending on the scene, and temp was usually around 60-65. I didn't notice any artifacts or problems.
I only ran it for about 15 mins though, the temp had maxed out before then.
I also tried in Extreme mode (full screen HD), temp remained constant about 65 and around 55fps, also with no visible artifacts or problems.
Should this be enough of a test of the GPU?

Speedy Gonzales
22-06-2016, 12:08 PM
I would say it's because it's a Skylake and because you're using the CPU that was affected by a bug. Which causes freezing and can crash the CPU

Update the BIOS again it's up to 1701 now

Chilling_Silence
22-06-2016, 04:16 PM
I know there was also another suggestion to run the PC without the extra HD's (just use the SSD only) but I don;t know how I can do that as all my data and some of my programs are on those HDD's. Is there any other kind of tests I should do?

So what? :P Run without the stuff that's on your HDD for a day or several hours even, and see if that fixes it. We're not saying do it permanently but if you do it for a couple of hours then at least that'll let you know for sure either way.

Chilling_Silence
22-06-2016, 04:16 PM

So what? :P Run without the stuff that's on your HDD for a day or several hours even, and see if that fixes it. We're not saying do it permanently but if you do it for a couple of hours then at least that'll let you know for sure either way.

Chikara
04-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Thanks again for the suggestions. The problem with trying just for a few hours without the HD's is, the freezing is less frequent than that. It happens maybe once, twice a week - sometimes more or less. So I'd need to run it for a number of days without the HDD's, and that makes the PC almost unusable for me if I don't have access to the data on there.
What I might do is, next time I have a work trip away for a week or so, will try it then.
The other bit of maybe good news to report is, since my last post which is almost 2 weeks ago, I haven't had any freezes since then. I did install the latest BIOS update at that time, so I am keeping fingers crossed maybe that was the cause/fix.

dugimodo
04-07-2016, 02:14 PM
How up to date is uTorrent? there was a controversial update last year that added a bitcoin mining engine to it and ran when your system was idle. A bit unlikely perhaps but it could cause trouble if you have it.
http://gizmodo.com/how-to-make-sure-your-torrent-client-isnt-secretly-mini-1697704080

There was a thread about in here and myself and others switched to other clients, it was Deluge for me which I quite like. I've since switched to transmission running directly on my NAS though :)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I only skimmed back a page or so.

Chikara
05-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Thanks dugimodo, I have the latest version of uTorrent, so I don't think that specific issue applies to me.

And it looks like I spoke to soon before, I had another freeze today, first one in a few weeks.