PDA

View Full Version : Can't send email with Outlook 2010

R.M.
27-04-2016, 07:32 PM
When I got home this afternoon, I checked my emails and received a couple. Then I tried to send one through Outlook 2010 - but no way Hosea. :(.

And of course, I couldn't remember my password (I never have to use it!). So eventually I tried to change it, but so far have failed to do this. Oh dear.

I am with Spark, and managed to send from my laptop ok. I am able to 'Log onto incoming mail server' but fail to send a test email.

Any suggestions??? Pretty please?

As always - eternally grateful for help with my problems here. :)

wainuitech
27-04-2016, 08:09 PM
To find your password ( as long as its not web mail only) from the laptop download mailpass Viewhttp://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mailpv.html Download the zipped file, Theres two links ones an installer the other is a zipped file ( its near the bottom ish).

DISABLE your antivirus first, as some think its a virus, its NOT its just the way it works. Run the exe it will tell you all your email details as well as the password.

R.M.
27-04-2016, 08:25 PM
Wainui - I've changed the password, but still have the same problem. I should have mentioned that I also run Mailwasher Pro - I've changed the password on it, and it is AOK. It is just sending emails from Outlook that remains my problem (I think at this stage). I'm busy doing three things at once - no probs (well usually, but perhaps not tonight - and I haven't had any whisky either!).

R.M.
27-04-2016, 08:44 PM
To find your password ( as long as its not web mail only) from the laptop download mailpass Viewhttp://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mailpv.html Download the zipped file, Theres two links ones an installer the other is a zipped file ( its near the bottom ish).

DISABLE your antivirus first, as some think its a virus, its NOT its just the way it works. Run the exe it will tell you all your email details as well as the password.

I downloaded the zipped file - but there was nothing in the folder :( . Then I tried to temporarily disable Eset Smart Security, but I can't find where I did that. I have the new version, and I think something has changed...

wainuitech
27-04-2016, 08:57 PM
I downloaded the zipped file - but there was nothing in the folder :( . Then I tried to temporarily disable Eset Smart Security, but I can't find where I did that. I have the new version, and I think something has changed... As long as there is Eset in the corner near the clock, right click it, select Pause Protection - 10 minutes will be plenty.

If you don't disable it then eset will kill the program.

Direct download link to the mailpassview http://www.nirsoft.net/toolsdownload/mailpv.zip

Changing the password on your mail or mailwasher is only half the job. The password HAS to be changed on the server (spark) as well, what ever is on your account at spark, MUST match whats on the computer. That's why I mentioned look on the laptop since that's working. If they differ then you'll get that error message.

R.M.
27-04-2016, 09:15 PM
Changing the password on your mail or mailwasher is only half the job. The password HAS to be changed on the server (spark) as well, what ever is on your account at spark, MUST match whats on the computer. That's why I mentioned look on the laptop since that's working. If they differ then you'll get that error message.

So how do I change the password on the Server? I thought I had done that... Obviously not, if I still have problems...

wainuitech
27-04-2016, 09:48 PM
So how do I change the password on the Server? I thought I had done that... Obviously not, if I still have problems... You would need to sign into your account on Sparks web site, but to do that you need to know the password ;) once in there, locate the account settings, can't tell you where don't have any accounts on fizzle (spark) somewhere there is change password option.

BUT you would be better off getting the existing working password from your laptop ( which is working). What email program is on there, mailpass view works on most email clients depending on what sort of mail setup you are using..

That link will download the zipped file, and heres its contents:

R.M.
27-04-2016, 10:02 PM
I rang Spark... There is a 'Problem - either sending or receiving emails. Our technicians are working on it'.

Perhaps I'll have some whisky after all. :)

I followed all your instructions to the letter, but still couldn't get an email out. I could from both my lappy and the iPad, but then I don't use Outlook on either of those.

I now have some consistency around my passwords - I suppose that isn't a good idea either!

Ah well, we'll see what the morning brings. Thanks again for you patient help.

CYaBro
27-04-2016, 10:24 PM
Yea if you have your emails with Spark/Xtra, and the password box prompt pops up, the first thing to think is that they are having an issue. :D
Then check their website and see if there is anything on there.

R.M.
28-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Yes - everything is back to normal this morning... :)

linw
28-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Err, I thought Yahoo mail misbehaving was the normal!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

wainuitech
29-04-2016, 08:57 AM
Err, I thought Yahoo mail misbehaving was the normal!

Sorry, couldn't resist. You're 100% right :D Not working is Normal, what is rare is no problems ;)