PDA

View Full Version : W10 stalled

jayal
26-04-2016, 10:20 PM
seems like I have a driver problem? can someone get me through this? please? snapshot included

wainuitech
26-04-2016, 10:41 PM
Dont run the upgrade from the Media creation tool, use either a DVD or USB.

Have a read: http://ivanrf.com/en/nvidia-compatibility-issue-with-windows-10/

Also uninstall any antivirus you have it can be the cause of problems.

jayal
26-04-2016, 10:42 PM
from Belarc page, entries re NVIDIA

jayal
26-04-2016, 11:01 PM
thanks for your comment "Wainui" unfortunately I'm confused (or incompetent) I'll take a break and resume tomorrow with a clear head - couldn't find where to send the pic of the NVIDIA hence the blank - cheers

jayal
27-04-2016, 10:14 AM
the missing pic

jayal
27-04-2016, 02:16 PM
many thanks Wainui, with a little extra from "Ivanrf" - I had no problems with the download, seems to be a done deal, just now getting used to the changes - don't know why there is so much criticism of W10 was a breeze and I'm no expert - cheers

wainuitech
27-04-2016, 02:52 PM
many thanks Wainui, with a little extra from "Ivanrf" - I had no problems with the download, seems to be a done deal, just now getting used to the changes - don't know why there is so much criticism of W10 was a breeze and I'm no expert - cheers Sweet, :) some people just don't like change.

But look at it this way, sooner or later when old computers fail ( and EVERY computer will fail at some point) unless they build their own or have someone build one for them when buying a New PC it will have what ever version of W10 is available, and the changes will be even worse for them. if a person keeps up with the play to a degree its not so bad.

Latest public build is 10586 - latest insider build (beta) is 14332 ( see the thread in chat " latest insider builds) and the differences are noticeable when working with them, just small things but its so much easier with the latest build :)

DeSade
27-04-2016, 05:24 PM
This should sort you out.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/51453

Strange those other posts never showed up till I posted,
Anyway listen to Wainui not me.

All I posted was a link to the nvidia card driver.