PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 - Photo Viewer not fullsize and Windows Explorer crashing

Nomad
23-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Hi all

I picked up a ex corporate Thinkpad T420 and did the Windows 10 free update. Everything works fine instead (2) thing:

1. Windows Explorer crashes every few minutes, the screen blinks, the windows like My Computer, My Networks etc .. shuts down. It had the issue right from the start. I restored it back to Windows 7 what it came with, redid the free upgrade and it was then fine but I guess after some Window Updates I get the same issue. I have updated the BIOS and (in the BIOS) I have tried to set the video card as Intel or just the NVIDIA or the mix of both on demand but that doesn't help.

2. Just today I was accessing a shared folder on the PC from my Thinkpad and running a slide show while connected to the HDTV. The left side start menu are fine etc .. After a while, there is like a 25% of the left side that is black like if the photograph has shifted to the right and then later when I play it again the photograph is zoomed into at 100% (pixel) view. I had to use Windows Media Player instead.

This model laptop isn't officially supported in Windows 10. The mfg provided updates to Windows 8 only.

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Nomad
23-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Fixed it. IDT software from audio ....

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/15245-file-explorer-keeps-crashing.html

:) Now hopefully that helps the photo viewer. I will change the screen zoom to 100% and if that helps.