PDA

View Full Version : Logitech malfunction since Windows update

Blue Druid
13-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Having completed the updates for Windows 7 today, my G700 mouse and K800 keyboard have lost most, but not all functionality. I'm blaming the updates because both were working perfectly before.

On the keyboard the Fn keys (but not the 'F' keys work fine but nothing else does.
On the mouse, Left and Right buttons and scroll wheel work but none of the other programmed buttons essentially functioning as the most basic mouse.

Windows 7 Home Premium on Toshiba Notebook L750D

Any suggestions would be appreciated

pctek
13-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Having completed the updates for Windows 7 today, my G700 mouse and K800 keyboard have lost most, but not all functionality.

Yes.
Nothing unusual for MS updates to overwrite drivers.

Updates are ****.

Speedy Gonzales
13-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Roll back the drivers. Same thing happened with their wireless keyboard here. It still worked but showed a ! in devices and printers. It showed a filter update in WU. But I think 1/2 of it was missing. It only loaded the mouse info not the keyboard

Download the keyboard stuff for it from the Logitech site

Blue Druid
13-04-2016, 07:01 PM
Thanks folks. I did a system restore from yesterday and everything is back to normal. I wasn't sure how roll back the drivers and the Logitech site has downloads for the keyboard which I did but I can find nothing for the mouse.

I am concerned that of the updates, there was probably only one that stuffed things and now there may be 15 out of 16 that I will need to download again to keep the bankers happy that the machine is up-to-date. But which one is the problem? Is the only answer to do them one by one until something stuffs up or is there an easier way to pick which one to avoid?

Blue Druid
14-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Update on updates: I re-downloaded the 16 updates this morning and installed them. Not a single problem could be found so I am guessing there may have been some corruption with the previous download or install. Who knows? Anyway, I'm happy now and all ready to enjoy a lovely day of retirement in the sunshine, well away from anything looking like a computer!