PDA

View Full Version : Restore Microsoft Outlook Email Account Settings

stevensaaron
11-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Hi Guys, My work computer spat the dummy the other day, and I have now bought a new one, and just pulled the Hard Drive out of the old computer and put it in the new one (Secondary Drive)
So i still have all my files tc,

But resetting up my Outlook Emails I'm wondering how to restore the Email Account settings, Oh I'm using Office 365.
I have restored the PST Data Files etc, so all my emails show up in Outlook, but I can't Send/Recieve as there are no details in the Email settings...
Is there a way to restore these from the Old computer files?? or do I need to just re add these manually, there's only 3 email accounts, so It's no big deal, but would be nice to find out if I can just restore them, than try and find all the Email settings :)

Cheers,
Aaron

wainuitech
11-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Just recreate them. By the time you muck about with an unbootable system you could have done it manually.

CYaBro
11-04-2016, 07:01 PM
As wainuitech said just add the accounts in manually.
If the accounts have been setup correctly on Office 365, and with the domain name DNS records, then they should automatically set themselves up just by you entering in your email address and password.
Just choose Microsoft Exchange for the account type.
You don't need to know server settings or anything like that.
Emails will then syncronise from the cloud storage in Office 365 as well so you may not even need the old Outlook files.

If Outlook doesn't automatically setup the accounts again then you need to talk to whomever looks after your domain name, and Office 365 account, as they haven't been configured correctly.

stevensaaron
12-04-2016, 11:16 AM
As wainuitech said just add the accounts in manually.
If the accounts have been setup correctly on Office 365, and with the domain name DNS records, then they should automatically set themselves up just by you entering in your email address and password.
Just choose Microsoft Exchange for the account type.
You don't need to know server settings or anything like that.
Emails will then syncronise from the cloud storage in Office 365 as well so you may not even need the old Outlook files.

If Outlook doesn't automatically setup the accounts again then you need to talk to whomever looks after your domain name, and Office 365 account, as they haven't been configured correctly.

Thanks Guys, I thought that might be the case, :) just wanted to check if there was a way to do it...

I've only just installed Office 365, the previous Outlook version I think was 2013.
and it's mainly the ISP email address,

Gmail & my website hosts email accounts are generally easy to find the settings for :)

Thanks guys :)