PDA

View Full Version : Powerpoint Ribbon set to Maori

berryb
08-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Client has a PowerPoint file that the Ribbon is in Maori but the slides are English. I have transferred the file to another PC and ribbon opens in English.
Any newly created file the ribbon is English and is past files.

Apparently sometimes Word has also opened with the ribbon in Maori but not normally.

The language on the particular file is set to Maori and cannot get it back to English. If the slides are copied and paste to a new file once saved and reopened ribbon back to Maori.

I donít use PowerPoint often enough to have a good in depth understanding of how it applies languages but I would have expected to be able to select an English option to change it back but this doesnít seem to be an option.

Suggestions welcome.

Kame
09-04-2016, 01:34 AM
The ribbon? is this an interface of the program?

Anyways, the Māori interface would suggest that this language pack had been installed.

Are all the office programs affected or only powerpoint? If all, then you are needing to find how to set all office programs and not just a particular program.

Cheers,

KK

berryb
09-04-2016, 02:09 PM
The Ribbon is where all the commands are at the top of all Office files - Copy/Paste/Insert etc etc etc.

Only affecting the one file at present in PowerPoint but in the past Word has opened in Maori but not normally.

The language pack must have been installed but when I try to select English as the default it still shows in Maori.

All very strange. As I posted I opened the file on another PC and opened in English, did a save as and called it something else and still OK. Transferred back to the affected PC and opened in Maori.

I will uninstall any language packs I can find and test.

SP8s
10-04-2016, 02:24 PM
If all else fails ... try HERE (http://www.wheelers.co.nz/books/9780994117120-wairua-o-waitangi-te-2016/)

berryb
17-04-2016, 11:12 AM
FYI got this resolved.

Turned out both Office 2007 and 2010 Pro was installed and 2007 had the Maori pack installed. Uninstalled the Maori language pack and office 2007 and now all good.