PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 dropping internet and Windows Live Mail connection

berryb
06-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Have a client with Window 10 laptop that was upgraded from Win 7. Ever since the upgrade internet works fine and then stops - well sort of. Window Live Mail will not load and just spins it wheels and has to have the task ended to stop. The home page in Internet Explorer or Chrome will not load but if another internet address is typed in it will load most times but not always. Ping to 8.8.8.8 always works. Running netsh int ip reset,
netsh int ipv6 reset, ipconfig /flushdns and netsh winsock reset and a reboot sorts the issue for a week or two then starts again. Run the commands again and a reboot and all good for another couple of weeks. Nothing in the event logs, have set the DNS to the modem and Google and tried static IP.
This has been going on for 4 months. I created a batch file for the client to run when the issue comes up.

Have scanned for Malware and Viruses etc and nothing found.

I know there has been some Windows updates that have screwed up tcp/ip as I have had to run the commands on a few computers but normally the once is all that is needed.

Ideas??

wainuitech
06-04-2016, 08:50 AM
Had quite a few customers PC's do that, at the end of the day, none of the fixes or suggested commands hold for long or at all, solution, save all data, wipe drive clean reinstall W10 from fresh.

wratterus
06-04-2016, 06:18 PM
Same here.

berryb
06-04-2016, 11:47 PM
Thanks. Thought that would be the case but still worth asking :)

Bryan
07-04-2016, 04:29 PM
I too have this problem so I pose the question, is it with all IPs that we have this problem with? I am using Vodafone but do Spark and other IPs do the same?

Speedy Gonzales
07-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Vodafone is fine here. Try updating the drivers for the LAN / wireless. And update the fw on the modem/router you're using

wainuitech
07-04-2016, 10:06 PM
The problem often is caused by corrupted / incompatible old drivers / files someplace, simply uninstalling them and putting in the latest doesn't work. Out of date or incompatible Antivirus software can also cause it.

Been there done that many times. Personally don't piss about now, as the outcome is always the same - :yuck::yuck: