PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone/Ihug SPAM and lack of action

Zippity
26-03-2016, 07:44 PM
For the last few days, Vodafone customers on the old Ihug system have been getting pelted with obnoxious spam.

To date, Vodafone have NOT responded to our pleas.

How do we awaken this sleeping giant Vodafone?

:(:(

lakewoodlady
26-03-2016, 08:00 PM
It's Easter, wait until they've eaten all their Easter eggs.

wainuitech
26-03-2016, 08:08 PM
For the last few days, Vodafone customers on the old Ihug system have been getting pelted with obnoxious spam.

:(:( Go to Vodafones site, scroll down the page - https://www.vodafone.co.nz/contact/ SERIOUSLY--Send them a email, tell all your friends and people you know who are also in the same boat to do the same.

Don't bother calling them on the phone, it doesn't really get anywhere.

Had a problem once before, all the phone calls got nowhere ( over a week), but one email complaining and they respond and sorted the problem - I was told that with emails they have to respond.

Like today, had my modem changed due to the previous one playing silly buggers.

My speed has dropped on a speed test from 130Mbps Down to 34Mbps Down, Last night I was downloading @ 10MB/Sec today same location in NZ,lucky if I get 3MB/sec - called them and got some c0ck and ball story about nodes (parts of the network) being out and the ones that are working were working at 100% Capacity -- the guy said it has been like that for about two weeks now, couldn't answer when I said "why is it them yesterday when the old modem was working I was getting my full speed" , and even today the service guy said I was getting 100% speed when he tested the line.

Going to test it in the morning at about 2am- no way there should be any lag ;)

Zippity
26-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Have spoken to VF and logged an INC#.

Also emailed them - let's see if anyone pulls finger.

bevy121
27-03-2016, 12:41 PM
I requested an explanation as to why they store passwords in plain text form - still waiting...

What's even worse is the passwords HAVE TO BE exactly 8 characters - and NO UPPERCASE and NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS!

Seems they prefer to be targets for brute-forcing

They are already on the "plain text password hall of shame"
http://plaintextoffenders.com/post/73816028324/vodafonenz-telecommunications-provider-reply-to

my account was compromised recently and some 30 to 40 thousand spam emails sent over a couple days before I got on top of it

Driftwood
27-03-2016, 03:38 PM
I requested an explanation as to why they store passwords in plain text form - still waiting...

What's even worse is the passwords HAVE TO BE exactly 8 characters - and NO UPPERCASE and NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS!

Seems they prefer to be targets for brute-forcing

They are already on the "plain text password hall of shame"
http://plaintextoffenders.com/post/73816028324/vodafonenz-telecommunications-provider-reply-to

my account was compromised recently and some 30 to 40 thousand spam emails sent over a couple days before I got on top of it

Which password are you referring to, logon or email?

Zippity
27-03-2016, 05:01 PM
And still no one at Vodafone has the balls to post a reply or comment.

Are they all dead at Vodafone or is someone alive there?

wainuitech
27-03-2016, 10:19 PM
And still no one at Vodafone has the balls to post a reply or comment.

Are they all dead at Vodafone or is someone alive there? You may not get a reply or any response till after the weekend.

They usually only have a few people on over long weekends, and generally no one that will reply to emails.

That's why I'm waiting till Tuesday to complain about the speed drop -- Traffic congestion my ass --- There was a speed test run at roughly 2.30am this morning, EXACTLY the same restriction and speed as during the day.

pctek
28-03-2016, 07:46 AM
Go on Geekzone and post it there, often that';s the only way to get anyone at Vodafone to pay attention.

29-03-2016, 10:01 AM

:(:(

Its not just voda/ihug with a big increase in spam over the last month or so . Perhaps the spammers are trying to make the big $$$ via crypto & putting more effort into it.
I guess the ISPs (and many companies) dont want to invest in spam filter systems that actually work.