PDA

View Full Version : Attachments in Outlook emails???

DakotaNZ
18-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Hi guys, this may be a dumb question but I have never been able to figure it out and I have searched online for answers but can't find the ones I am after. I have sent emails in the past with attachments in Outlook 2010 that I would like to view the attachment again now so that I can save it. I lost some files on my computer and need to replace them using the attachments I have sent. However when I go into Outlook and find the email I have sent with the attachment I cannot actually see the attachment at all to open. It says at the top of the email that it contains an attachment but I have no idea how to view it to open it....any ideas? There's no attachment icon or anything....very frustrating.

wainuitech
18-03-2016, 01:52 PM
If you go to the mail you have sent, double click it, this will open the mail in a new window, then right click on the attachment and save as

DakotaNZ
18-03-2016, 05:54 PM
If you go to the mail you have sent, double click it, this will open the mail in a new window, then right click on the attachment and save as

I tried that but it still didn't show any attachments and I know I sent them, have tried with several emails, no joy
:(

GrahamW
18-03-2016, 08:48 PM
I use web-based email rather than Outlook so I'm not sure if this will work.
You have found the emails in your Sent box ..... is there an option that will allow you to forward them? If there is, forward them to yourself and hopefully the attachments will be 'openable' when you receive the resent message.
Good luck.

wainuitech
18-03-2016, 10:17 PM
I tried that but it still didn't show any attachments and I know I sent them, have tried with several emails, no joy
:( One possible cause is Outlook is Blocking attachments. Outlook by default does block certain attachments. you may have to have a look through your security settings and make sure they are not blocked.

Cant advise on where to look as This computer doesn't have Outlook 2010, it has Outlook 2013.