PDA

View Full Version : [code] on mobile

pcuser42
29-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Could someone fix the CSS for this please? :)

gary67
29-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Yes I noticed that too

Webdevguy
29-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Considering this site is xhtml.....

gary67
29-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Considering this site is xhtml.....

I wouldn't have a clue what it is

Webdevguy
29-02-2016, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't have a clue what it is

xhtml is the basic framework that makes the text boxes and framework on this page, the CSS ( Cascading Style Sheets) are what gives the boxes colour, height, width and spacing etc. Since about 2010 websites have been built with html5 which has a lot more capability and is more suited to mobile screens. This site is not able to be optimised for mobile.

Chilling_Silence
29-02-2016, 08:58 PM
A little over-simplification there, and not entirely accurate on any count.
The fact of the matter is the site is using an old theme that I hacked together that wasn't designed specifically to work with this version of vBulletin, and the new PressF1 owners (Despite what they initially said) have given this site zero attention since taking over from Fairfax.

I've lost my access to the server, so basically, I wouldn't count on anything like that happening, maybe ever?

Kame
01-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Well I usually ignore it if I cant read it but if you want to see it, and depending on the browser, you can create user stylesheets that can fix these problems. Chrome removed support for custom styling but there are extensions that allow you to manage your own styles.

If you are not up to it, I am positive someone here could provide you a custom stylesheets that will fix this problem with whatever user style extension app you find.

Cheers,

KK

Webdevguy
03-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Well I usually ignore it if I cant read it but if you want to see it, and depending on the browser, you can create user stylesheets that can fix these problems. Chrome removed support for custom styling but there are extensions that allow you to manage your own styles.

If you are not up to it, I am positive someone here could provide you a custom stylesheets that will fix this problem with whatever user style extension app you find.

Cheers,

KK

The CSS would be pretty straight forward but would require access to the server.