PDA

View Full Version : Question re upgrade to Windows 10

curly
07-02-2016, 10:58 AM
I recently upgraded to Win 10, however most of my files etc did not follow through.

I heard that it might be possible to revert back to win 7, pickup the files again and
then go back to Windows 10.

Is that posssible ?

wainuitech
07-02-2016, 12:23 PM
I recently upgraded to Win 10, however most of my files etc did not follow through.

I heard that it might be possible to revert back to win 7, pickup the files again and
then go back to Windows 10.

Is that posssible ? Yes you can revert back ( or meant to be able to), but it may or may not pick up your previous files.

Have a look on the C drive, There should be a folder called Windows.old In there under your user name should be all your old files . If they are, copy them out to a USB drive ( or similar) first. Sometimes they have actually copied across, but windows does a lot of updates in the background and they may not be visible until its done a couple of reboots.

If you wanted to revert back click on Start/Settings, update & Security, the option to revert back should be there. You have 30 days from upgrading to revert it back other wise the windows.old folder auto deletes and there's no going back unless you install W7 from fresh.