PDA

View Full Version : Exe. error

Agoge
25-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Hi Folks,

I've had a pretty good run of late with my pc, but just recently I've started receiving a 'WinShellLink.exe - Application Error (Oxc0000005)' which has prevented me using certain programs. When I click OK to close the application, it stays and refuses to go away.

Any suggestions on how to rid my system of this pest?

Cheers,
Agoge

Speedy Gonzales
25-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Does it come up when you boot into windows? If it does if ccleaner is installed go to tools / startup delete the entry

Is Glary utils installed? A file with a similar name (except it's called win64shelllink.exe) belongs to it. Uninstall it

Agoge
25-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Thanks, Speedy.
I have uninstalled Glary, but I can't get CCleaner to run. I have the impression that problem exe. is preventing it.

Speedy Gonzales
25-01-2016, 10:59 AM
That exe file wouldnt stop ccleaner from running

Agoge
25-01-2016, 11:05 AM
When I attempt to initiate CCleaner, I get another message saying: ' The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc0000005)'. Have you encountered this one, Speedy?

wainuitech
25-01-2016, 11:17 AM
What OS are you using ? What Antivirus ?

Where mentioned
which has prevented me using certain programs What programs ?

The WinShellLink.exe is a legit File, BUT it can also be infections, corrupted registry and a few other things.

Bit hard to help with vague information ;)

If its some sort of infection, some of them will stop you running ANY sort of cleaning programs ( including Ccleaner)

Agoge
25-01-2016, 11:28 AM
What OS are you using ? What Antivirus ?

Where mentioned What programs ?

The WinShellLink.exe is a legit File, BUT it can also be infections, corrupted registry and a few other things.

Bit hard to help with vague information ;)

If its some sort of infection, some of them will stop you running ANY sort of cleaning programs ( including Ccleaner)

I'm running Window's 8.1 and AVG as my antivirus.