PDA

View Full Version : Major problem receiving emails - Win10 64 bit.

Bryan
15-12-2015, 08:36 PM
I use MS Office 2007 Outlook for my email. Since I installed Win10, I have not been receiving emails from regular correspondents. Today I found a copy of Win 8.1 on a HDD that I fired up and found 168 emails from friends dated from June 2015 to today. There seems to be problem in settings or the like and I can't find what to do. I sent a generalized email to my Address book people and got responses to my second Desktop running Win 10 32 bit but of course that doesn't show the earlier emails. My email address is through gmail.com. Anyone got any ideas?

dugimodo
15-12-2015, 08:56 PM
There's always Googles webmail https://mail.google.com/mail
Can't help with outlook though sorry.

wainuitech
15-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Has Office 2007 got all the service packs and updates installed ? There are some problems that can occur if its not upto date.

Since I installed Win10, Was this a fresh install or a upgrade ? Upgrades OFTEN cause all sorts of different problems.

Bryan
16-12-2015, 06:14 AM
Office 2007 is fully up to date and yes, it was an upgrade. I will schedule an fresh install.

wainuitech
16-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Before doing a full / fresh install, try running from a cmd with admin sfc /scannow

If it finds faults but cant fix them then run the DISM commands

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

If it finds any problems then try repairing it.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

It will appear to get stuck at 20%, this is normal, and it will carry on in the background and finish then jump to 80-100%

If it says it cant locate the source then put in the Windows 10 DVD, make sure the drive letter is D if not then change the following command to suit your drive letter:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:Wim:D:\Sources\install.wim:1 /limit access

OKayyyy damn smilies puts a smile face LOL the command with no gaps /source:Wim: D :\sources

Bryan
16-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Thank you WT. Tried both and both are ok so will need to look elsewhere.