PDA

View Full Version : substitution to napster

29-12-2001, 12:00 PM
hi i love to download music and i was a crazy downloader when napster used to work. But now since napster is screwed up is there any other programs or sites i can download music on???

thanx

29-12-2001, 12:18 PM
morpheus, winMX and edonkey

29-12-2001, 12:43 PM
www.audiogalaxy.com

29-12-2001, 01:00 PM
Try audiogalaxy, they seem to have a good selection and the ability to resume a download.

29-12-2001, 01:18 PM
Without a doubt Win MX is all you'll ever need. I've tried morpheus, audiogalaxy, limewire, bearshare and others, but WIN MX is simple, (unlike audiogalaxy) fast, and has many users so you'll find what you need FOR SURE!

Use E-Donkey if you want to download large movie files over a fast connection though. But WinMX rules!!

29-12-2001, 01:22 PM
WinMX is the only one I use and love it. I always get what I am after. Find it at:

http://www.winmx.com

The download link is at the bottom of the web page.

29-12-2001, 02:15 PM
~Be wary of Morpheus, KaZaa and similar P2P sharing programs.

I've came across people sharing their whole hard drive on it.

29-12-2001, 04:02 PM
Count me in for Audiogalaxy...

Also try the home page of PC World and the Easy as MP3 exclusive.. that will give you another couple of options..

Good luck in your quest..

29-12-2001, 04:18 PM
is audiogalaxy still spyware ??

29-12-2001, 09:16 PM
I use Morpheus which connects with KaZaA and MusicCity. I have found this is great and have found songs I forgot even existed....no matter what anyone says the wombles song is still a classic... anyway try the lot...some people like winmx and others audiogalaxy while I have tried them all and still return to morpheus. Just a word of warning...if you use a peer to peer system then beware of what you are downloading...there are some sad sick people out there...and in... and no doubt I will probably get abused for recommending morpheus above the others but my counsellor says I am doing much better now and I will soon be able to reduce the dosage of my medication so I dont care... whichever you choose there is plenty there.