PDA

View Full Version : Windows10 installation

dianne pierce
03-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Installed today and Microsoft edge replaced IE on the taskbar. Problem is "edge" wont display any pages at all. Searched and found IE and that operates perfectly. Do I remove "edge"?

dugimodo
03-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Not sure you can, just ignore it's existence and use whatever browser you prefer.

Koenig Tiger
08-12-2015, 01:39 PM
10 uses Edge and IE 11 so 11 will still be there somewhere and just look thru all apps...11 is retained still since Edge can't completely replace it at this stage .....When I updated my DV6 last week I had to manually put a shortcut on the task-bar.....Edge is ofcourse there by default already on the task-bar.....funny that...

Bryan
08-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Right click anywhere on Desktop. Menu appears, click personalize. Then on the next menu Top left click left pointing arrow alongside Settings. Select System and then second to bottom Defaults Apps.

Scroll to Web Browser, it will show Edge. Click on that and another menu appears. Select say Internet Explorer and then click on X top Right corner to exit. You will now be using IE.

wainuitech
08-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Quickest way to expose IE.

Click on the search ( next to the start) type in Internet, right click internet Explorer - pin to taskbar -- And bingo IE