PDA

View Full Version : Administrater

Poppa John
30-10-2015, 06:25 PM
Hi All

Here is another one.

Occasionally a folder will refuse me access I need to be the administrator. I thought that being the only named user that I would have that right. How do I make that happen for the whole computer? Thanks. PJ

Jen
30-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Is it a system folder?

Poppa John
30-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Is it a system folder?

Err, cant remember!!! PJ.

wainuitech
30-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Hi All

Here is another one.

Occasionally a folder will refuse me access I need to be the administrator. I thought that being the only named user that I would have that right. How do I make that happen for the whole computer? Thanks. PJ Your account may be the only one but you wont have full admin rights. As Jen asked-- If its system folders they are locked for a reason.

If you MUST get into them, you need to activate the hidden Administrator account. To do that Right click on the start Button, click on Command Prompt (Admin) in the box that opens, type

net user administrator /active:yes <Press Enter>.

You should get a message saying it was Successful.

Reboot, on restart you should now see the real Admin account.

To hide it again open the CMD again, this time type net user administrator /active:no

BUT word of warning - if in that you can do a lot of damage that the standard other account wouldn't let you do.

If you are running programs and they ask for Admin rights thats different again, you can set each one to run as Admin automatically.:nerd:

Poppa John
30-10-2015, 08:43 PM
Your account may be the only one but you wont have full admin rights. As Jen asked-- If its system folders they are locked for a reason.

If you MUST get into them, you need to activate the hidden Administrator account. To do that Right click on the start Button, click on Command Prompt (Admin) in the box that opens, type

net user administrator /active:yes <Press Enter>.

You should get a message saying it was Successful.

Reboot, on restart you should now see the real Admin account.

To hide it again open the CMD again, this time type net user administrator /active:no

BUT word of warning - if in that you can do a lot of damage that the standard other account wouldn't let you do.

If you are running programs and they ask for Admin rights thats different again, you can set each one to run as Admin automatically.:nerd:

W...sounds like your first para' will come back when it happens again. Thanks all. PJ