PDA

View Full Version : Picaso3/Outlook 2013 problems

dianne pierce
22-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Emails with attachments from Picasa create a problem
1. Email opens and when I address it to myself a message appears saying "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and is searching for a solution.
2. When a solution is found Microsoft will contact you.
3. This email could not be sent.
4. All attempted emails end up in my drafts folder.
5. Now Picasa freezes and I have to restart my pc
Any fix please?

Operating Windows 8.1

dianne pierce
25-10-2015, 11:32 AM
Still have this problem despite following instructions in my other thread named (Hijack this log) Can anybody help please? Just to clarify - I am still trying to send emails with photographs attached from Picasa then I have the problems as listed above.

Lawrence
25-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Have not used Picasa for years,is this something that's just happened?

Does it do the same emailing any other pic outside Picasa? or is the pic saved in the correct format

Might help here https://sites.google.com/site/picasaresources/Home/Picasa-FAQ/picasa-help-center-pages/unable-to-email-photos

gary67
26-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Why are you trying to attach pictures from Picasa, that's just a program.

Attach them direct from the my pictures folder instead. Actually just had a look and I don't have an option to add pictures from Picasa so I don't know how you do?

dianne pierce
26-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Yes it has just happened but I don't know what has changed. Anyway, I went to that site and I can now export my photos to a folder which I couldn't do before and Picasa no longer freezes when I close it down . Thanks for that

dianne pierce
26-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Picasa offers the option to send by email using your default email programme. I have always done that as Picasa resizes the photos when it sends them to email. To send by email you simply click on the photo you want to send and it goes down to the photo tray which then gives the option of "email' "export" etc

dianne pierce
31-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Can anyone help please?

wainuitech
31-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Outlook may be damaged.

you can try repairing it. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

The Quick repair is best tried first.

If that doesn't work then you may need the longer repair, but make sure you have the License Key and install Media, as it actually uninstalls Office and reinstalls it from fresh.

dianne pierce
31-10-2015, 08:16 PM
I have uninstalled Picasa and reinstalled it. I tried the quick repair for Microsoft Outlook 2013 and as that didn't solve the problem I used the License key and reinstalled outlook. I've still got the original problem. I can email a picture from outside picasa but not from Picasa (as I used to be able to do.

wainuitech
31-10-2015, 09:10 PM
Both Picasa and Office when doing a normal uninstall doesn't take it all out, so if any of whats left is whats actually causing the problems then they will reappear again.

To see what I refer to - this is how to completely uninstall Office 2013.

Theres a removal tool, near the bottom of https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Uninstall-Office-2013-Office-2016-or-Office-365-from-a-Windows-computer-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-NZ&ad=NZ that page / link.

BUT to fully check you have to also run through the manually remove links after it.

Take VERY seriously the warning they give:

Before you start, you need to know removing Office manually is a long, complex process and might require that you reinstall the operating system if certain steps are done incorrectly.