PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Help to Download Spider Solitaire

willbry
09-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Have just upgraded to W10 from W7 and seem to have lost my old favourite game Spider Solitaire. If it is possible to restore it, I would be really grateful to know the procedure. Thanks.
Willbry

wainuitech
09-09-2015, 04:09 PM
1st you'll need to have an account with Microsoft - Go to the Store in the star menu - in the search type in Spider - you'll see several games, click on install, if you sign into your computer with a email address /Password that is your account, other wise you'll be prompted to create one ( its free) - once created download and install the games. They will appear in the start Menu, from there you can pin to start as a tile, or pin to taskbar as well if you want.

wratterus
09-09-2015, 04:50 PM
http://winaero.com/blog/get-windows-7-games-for-windows-10/

Throw that on.

willbry
09-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Many thanks Wainui. You always come up trumps.! Can't understand why Microsoft removed these popular programmes in the first place. Same with system restore.
Cheers, Willbry

nmercer
09-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Many thanks Wainui. You always come up trumps.! Can't understand why Microsoft removed these popular programmes in the first place. Same with system restore.
Cheers, Willbry

System Restore is in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System

Games were removed, so they are in the Store, not part of the OS, so they can be easily upgraded etc if need be

fred_fish
09-09-2015, 05:29 PM
System Restore is in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System

Games were removed, so they are in the Store, not part of the OS, so they can be easily charged for etc if need be

FTFY :D

Lurking
09-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Interesting query !.

Wife has W10 and Spider comes up under:

Start
Play and explore app
Microsoft Solitaire collection

2nd one in line with Klondike

lurking.

willbry
09-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Thanks to you all but I can't find the store in the start menu. I'm using the Classic format.

eggshell
09-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Using the magnifying glass on the taskbar and typing in Games, this is the screen shot.

lurking.

wainuitech
09-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Thanks to you all but I can't find the store in the start menu. I'm using the Classic format. Personally dont bother with classic Shell. BUT it still should be there someplace.

As for System Restore - as nmercer posted its there, I go a slight different way ( ends up in the same place).

Right click This PC/Left Click Properties/System protection - System Restore

dugimodo
09-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Unless classic shell removes it there's a shopping bag icon on your task bar.

Also Classic shell last time I used it still had a icon to access the default start menu if you needed to and in fact I had a classic shell start button and the windows start button side by side so I could use both, configurable in the options somewhere.
But I was only experimenting for the sake of others, I just use windows start menu myself and don't have classic shell installed any more.