PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Font

Koenig Tiger
28-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Can anybody point me in the right direction so that I can change the default font in W10 from black to blue which I prefer...

I have looked alot online and still can't find out how to change it as can't seem to get to advanced as one could in W7....

Any help appreciated...and thanks...

:confused:

Webdevguy
28-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Are you wanting to change the colour of the font or the font family?

Greg
28-08-2015, 09:02 PM
From MS's website:

To change Windows fonts

Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and metrics.

In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Note

The color of some items can't be changed, and some items can't be changed at all. In those cases, the options won't be available.

Koenig Tiger
29-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Just want to change to default font for all to blue from the boring black....

Koenig Tiger
29-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Greg....can't get there in 10 home as missing the advanced panel where you could change like in 7....any other ideas?Thanks

wainuitech
29-08-2015, 10:12 PM
The option like in previous versions w7 etc have been removed. unless you do some reg hacking or maybe some third party programs.

mzee
30-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Window Blinds??

Koenig Tiger
31-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Thanks Wainuitech that's what I thought.....as could not find at all...

Would you know where and what lines I'd need to edit to what code etc ?

Greg
31-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Kinda weird how successive versions of Windows makes simple things harder... in Win 98 I could do it with my eyes closed.

wainuitech
31-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Thanks Wainuitech that's what I thought.....as could not find at all...

Would you know where and what lines I'd need to edit to what code etc ? Never done it or had the need to do it. If you google the problem sometimes when you cut through all the wrong answers to different questions you find whet you are looking for. :)

Koenig Tiger
02-09-2015, 08:55 AM
agreed something so simple and basic is now so difficult....still won't give up until I achieve my result .........