PDA

View Full Version : Task bar Icons

effie c
27-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Hi all,

I find some icons on the task bar have not come back- I am missing "Facebook" and "Google photos" as shown on my cellphone.

The Google Photos has a different icon from what it used to be I e, it was a coloured pinwheel emblem, not a white page with a blue center ( too tiny for my old eyes to read:annoyed:

The Facebook ( F ) also has gone and I have to search for the site to sign in-- it probably is my fault as the original F took me to a Timeline - another page from my home page in Facebook so I deleted it, now no matter whether I try a fresh download, I cannot get anything that I can lock onto the taskbar at all, and not even will it show on the desk top, or in "apps" list

Effie c

27-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Hi all,

I find some icons on the task bar have not come back- I am missing "Facebook" and "Google photos" as shown on my cellphone.

The Google Photos has a different icon from what it used to be I e, it was a coloured pinwheel emblem, not a white page with a blue center ( too tiny for my old eyes to read:annoyed:

more basic info please :)
???? have you just installed win10 ??? or installed other software

"have not come back" ........after what. After a restart, after winupdates ,after loading 10 ?

Sounds like chrome is no longer the default (chrome= colored icon) & IE is now the default ?

effie c
27-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Hi,

No I have upgraded to W 10 Pro and it is running like a dream

Facebook and Google Photos are an app that when first downloaded shows on task bar with an ( F ), and Google photos also downloaded and installed about 3 weeks ago, the " not come back" comment is as described, I e I deleted the icon on the task bar as it took me to my Timeline page in Facebook so I deleted it but now want the same F to enable me to sign in to my Facebook page without doing a search

The Google Photos was treated in much the same way when I could not synchronise my pooter with my cellphone as I had used a different default email page instead of my gmail account ) for a Google apps they had to be the same- phone and pooter , so in my great ignorance I deleted the pinwheel that was there and cannot regain it

Effie c

dugimodo
27-08-2015, 04:14 PM
If you use facebook in a browser you can just bookmark it surely? I never figured out how to pin a website to the taskbar because I never do that but according to this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-website-taskbar#1TC=windows-7 you just drag the tab from your browser to the taskbar.

Facebook probably have a modern app available for free in the app store you could try and see if you like it as an alternative, I haven't look but I'd think it likely.

effie c
27-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Hi Dugimodo,

You were right, I dragged and dropped the Facebook tab to task bar-- and it worked. Now I only need to find the Pinwheel from Google Photos, and do the same-- thanks
Effie c

linw
28-08-2015, 12:10 PM
If you had Google Photos before it will be in your apps list.

Left click the windows logo bottom left of desktop and click All apps.

Scroll to Google Photos Backup, click it and rt click the pinwheel that comes up and choose Pin to Taskbar.