PDA

View Full Version : HP wireless print going offline

4Lowie
26-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Hi all
We have an HP laptop with windows 8 and a HP Photosmart B110 wireless printer... Every now and then the printer goes offline with this computer. I've read a few posts that say some of the port settings, when i try this it tells me that this function can't be done. Or words to this effect..

I can still print wireless from my phone so its not a printer or router issue. So can someone please tell me how we can sort this out?

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks Dave

wainuitech
26-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Hi all
We have an HP laptop with windows 8 and a HP Photosmart B110 wireless printer... Every now and then the printer goes offline with this computer. I've read a few posts that say some of the port settings, when i try this it tells me that this function can't be done. Or words to this effect..

I can still print wireless from my phone so its not a printer or router issue. So can someone please tell me how we can sort this out?

Any ideas or solutions?

Thanks Dave Sometimes theres a problem with the security you have installed. What have you got ?

Open the printer settings / Ports and find its IP Address. The open a CMD and see if you can ping the address.

4Lowie
26-08-2015, 09:29 PM
Thanks, Can't find the IP address listed...... The on the Ports tab it lists it as a WSD and a sequence of numbers and letter, not an ip address.

No security software installed.

Might just remove it and reinstall it if no one has any better idea's.

Dave

wainuitech
26-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Thanks, Can't find the IP address listed...... The on the Ports tab it lists it as a WSD and a sequence of numbers and letter, not an ip address.

No security software installed.

Might just remove it and reinstall it if no one has any better idea's.

Dave The laptop sounds like it cant auto select the IP address.

Try this - log into the router if you dont have anther working computer that can tell you the IP address, under the wireless someplace, depending on what router you have, it will tell you what IP Address the Printer is given.

Go back to the printer settings on the laptop, see if you can change the port address to what the router says the printer has, if not add a new tcp/ip port, and enter in the address the router is giving the printer - should print.

27-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Try turning off power saving on the wifi device on the laptop .

What I would do , much like WT's advice
give the printer a static IP .
manually connect the printer to the routers wifi , via the printers setup menu on the printer itself
uninstall & re-install the printer , manual setup option , tell the setup software the IP of the printer