PDA

View Full Version : Virus detected ( Android )

AppleFan
20-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Hey i have been getting messages that my android phone is infected with malware and so i have to download the given software to remove the virus .

Now i don't know if i really have a infection in my mobile but avast says it is clean and so could this just be that the web site is infected with malware .

Thanks

wainuitech
20-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Theres the first clue " i have to download the given software to remove the virus" Often fake - then of course the "given Software " will of course say you have X number of infections and for a low low price of X $ they will remove it for you..

Wouldn't trust Avast - if you want a AV that does work on Android Try Eset ( nod32) http://www.eset.com/us/home/products/mobile-security-android/

This software has often stopped SWMBO from downloading some fake android apps on the tablet.

AppleFan
20-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Hey ok thanks , is that currently the best security for android mobile ?

Thanks

CYaBro
20-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Hey ok thanks , is that currently the best security for android mobile ?

Thanks

wainuitech has already mentioned it. :D

wainuitech
20-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Never used any other AV on Androids, I get it for errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a good price ;) . Been using Nod since 2003 on PC's, no real reason to change. While NOTHING is perfect, and never will be, infections for Android are increasing - easy targets for those who make the infections, as most have no protection.

Only ever used the linked above on our Android tablet, as mentioned, its stopped The Mrs from downloading and installing some apps that were suspect, plus it has a few other good features ( scroll down the linked page to view them all).

dugimodo
20-08-2015, 11:40 PM
I keep nothing important on my phone and I use no anti-virus. It's not a PC. If it gets infected you just do a factory reset, problem solved.
Of course you could keep all your passwords on it and your only copy of precious family photos, you could do that, I suppose.

Chilling_Silence
22-08-2015, 10:01 AM
Step 1) Tap and hold on the notification in the Notification Bar
Step 2) Tap on "Info" (If applicable)
Step 3) Uninstall whatever shitty app is lying to you about being infected with a virus
Step 4) Remove all "A/V" software you've installed ever since

Ez :D

AppleFan
22-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Thanks everyone for help

Chilling_Silence
23-08-2015, 07:17 AM
Basically any app can throw a notification. It's probably just some crappy Flashlight app you've installed that's just lying to you.

If you've only ever installed from the Google Play Store, and you haven't enabled "Installation from Unknown Sources", you're basically fine to ignore it. Just find the app that's doing it so you can mute the notifications so it stops harassing you, or so you can uninstall the lying piece of %@#$ ;-)