PDA

View Full Version : Mr Google ... explain yourself!

Oggy
15-08-2015, 10:20 AM
So yesterday I did a google search at work on my work pc for a particular contractor. This morning Mrs Oggy opened her personal tablet at home and fired up google for something and there under recent searches was the contractor I had looked at at work yesterday. Please explain how this can happen?
The only tenuous link between her tablet and my work pc that we can come up with is that I occasionaly check my work e-mails from home on our PC using Outlook 365 and that her tablet has been used to check our personal e-mail from time to time. It is also plugged into the PC occasionaly but is not synched to it.

paulw
15-08-2015, 10:34 AM
Both are logged in to the same Google account..

Oggy
15-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Both are logged in to the same Google account..

No. Not at all. Work is work and home is home.

Lurking
15-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Our android cellphones were picking up websites, so we have switched both off from Wi-Fi.

Doesn't appear to be much security in today's world.

lurking.

dugimodo
15-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Using the same browser on both? Ever logged into the same account on either or accessed Gmail for the same account on them? Firefox will helpfully try to sync everything if you let it, I don't know about other browsers. Just logging onto the same account can be enough for them to start synching.

Lurking
16-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Using the same browser on both? Ever logged into the same account on either or accessed Gmail for the same account on them? Firefox will helpfully try to sync everything if you let it, I don't know about other browsers. Just logging onto the same account can be enough for them to start synching.

Identical androids which daughter dealt to.

Have switched off Wi-Fi for a very long time, but both appear to Internet and Chrome icons.

Wife has had W10 put onto her PC today and I don't like the "linking" icon on that either.

It's bad enough that Microsoft now have access to our Assets, without them knowing where we are at all times. Talk about big brother.

lurking.