PDA

View Full Version : Samsung cell phone<10 apps>computer Photos

effie c
13-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Hi all,

Am having a ball with W10 ( at last and thanks to Speedy ) it is much faster each day,etc

Now I have an apps that will have my cellphone photos automatically send it's photos to this pooter.

I tried to set it up and it worked on 10 photos which I saw in :my computer, where upon they disappeared---I was told to download and install "onedrive Android>on the phone>click on "one drive app>find menu by clicking 3 horizontal striped top left of page>download>one drive".

O K but there is no access app on this Samsung to get that download, let alone use it
The mail that Microsoft sent back is: "Download OneDrive for

Android: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=536456"--- but it is not relevant to an apps on the phone.

Any ideas? remember it worked on 10 out of 50 odd photos in the phone without this app first.

effie c

effie c
13-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Hi

Further to above:-
I found the so called missing photos in a folder titled "cellphone collection' which I never set up-- ie it was done with this apps offered in W10--
so it can work but how do I get the other photos in my cell phone? and without the Android download required?

Effie c

dugimodo
13-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Weird. To get the app go to the play store and search on "one drive". Personally I just let my phone upload the photo's to the google cloud and they can be accessed by logging into google on your web browser, one cloud service is much like another to me. I don't know how the first few magically got there, maybe they were already on the PC somewhere and it knew where they came from?

The trouble with all these cloud services is everyone has one and want's you to use it. My tablet came with dropbox, one drive, and acer cloud and my android devices already have access to the google cloud. They all do much the same thing. I also forgot I'd set up dropbox on the phone so my photo's are in 3 places now (Phone, dropbox, google)

linw
14-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Yea, how the hell do you find which cloud stuff is on??!! Just ran up a brand new S5 and lo and behold, Samsung is also offering me cloud storage. Then Dropbox gave me another 48GB for being a Samsung customer!

And so it goes on.

Just hope all my photos are not going up to each and every cloud. (Although, not a great problem ATM as my ISP is VERY largely under counting my data usage!).