PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to block Diagnostic & Usage Data in Windows 10

ruup
11-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know how to block Diagnostic & Usage Data in Windows 10.I have it set at Basic,but do not like the idea of my data being collected.

wainuitech
11-08-2015, 07:03 PM
Haven't actually Tried it, Hey if MS want to know how easy it is to break things with an unstable system, sweet as. :p

Other wise have a read of how-to-disable-telemetry-and-data-collection-in-windows-10/ (http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disable-telemetry-and-data-collection-in-windows-10/)

Personally I've just set Esets smart security to interactive, and set Select go to hell ( sorry Deny) if something wants out :p Funny thing is 99% is MS wanting access.

gary67
11-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Thanks Wainui done that all good

Lawrence
11-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Hows Microsoft going to make money if they can't sell your data to Third Parties? :clap

nmercer
12-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Hows Microsoft going to make money if they can't sell your data to Third Parties? :clap

Microsoft does not sell your data to 3rd parties. Maybe you are thinking of Google adverts?

Microsoft shares aggregated telemetry information with third parties, such as original equipment manufacturers (OEMs – like companies that make PCs) and partners, in the form of business reports. These reports help Microsoft partners troubleshoot and improve their own products and services that work with Windows. These reports do not contain personal data of Microsoft customers.