PDA

View Full Version : W10 "Unable to upgrade" message received on my Samsung notebook running W8.1.

Colpol
07-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Have Samsung notebook with W8.1.
W10 has been reserved for months.
Today got message on the pop up screen saying graphics accelerator not compatible.
Have been to Samsung Site and updated all drivers including the graphics accelerator to what Samsung say are W10 compatible drivers.
How do I get the update/upgrade program to recheck my system.

Any help much appreciated

wainuitech
07-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Try this: windows-10-use-this-well-hidden-compatibility-checker-to-find-out/ (http://www.zdnet.com/article/will-your-pc-run-windows-10-use-this-well-hidden-compatibility-checker-to-find-out/)

Colpol
07-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Thanks WT. Went to that site and am happy to do that but cannot remember how to get to the "Elevated command prompt"
I run CMD but it takes me to User/Colin directory.

Lawrence
07-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Type in the search box CMD,when you see it right mouse click and run as Administrator

Have mine placed in the start menu or place on the Desktop

Colpol
07-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Thanks Lawrence.Message comes back saying cannot find file:mad::badpc:
Typed command exactly as written knowing how precise you must be.
I remember using DOS:rolleyes:

Colpol
07-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Oooops. My Bad. Rechecked my Grammar and found errors so retyped it (x3) and finally got the SUCCESS message so will just have to wait and see what happens.
Now i remember why I used to hate using DOS.
Thank once again.

wainuitech
07-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Thanks WT. Went to that site and am happy to do that but cannot remember how to get to the "Elevated command prompt"
I run CMD but it takes me to User/Colin directory. Have another look at my previous post. The original one had a command prompt, but since found it doesn't always work, so changed it- the current link should work much better. Different method.

Colpol
08-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Thnks WT.
That link now only tells you how to check compatibility and making Apps.
Nothing about re scanning.
BTW the original command appeared to work as I got the Success message, but this morning message still the same. Possibly I still don't have the W10 drivers yet but everything on the site indicates I got it right.

nmercer
08-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Have Samsung notebook with W8.1.
W10 has been reserved for months.
Today got message on the pop up screen saying graphics accelerator not compatible.
Have been to Samsung Site and updated all drivers including the graphics accelerator to what Samsung say are W10 compatible drivers.
How do I get the update/upgrade program to recheck my system.

Any help much appreciated

what Samsung model is this?

wainuitech
08-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Thnks WT.
That link now only tells you how to check compatibility and making Apps.
Nothing about re scanning.
BTW the original command appeared to work as I got the Success message, but this morning message still the same. Possibly I still don't have the W10 drivers yet but everything on the site indicates I got it right. Dont know what page you're looking at. in the first post the link was chnaged, which is what I posted above. It clearly shows how to rescan for hardware changes, in picture number 2 & 3. It may take a few moments for the pictures to load, mine did the first time.

Colpol
08-08-2015, 07:09 PM
Have another look at my previous post. The original one had a command prompt, but since found it doesn't always work, so changed it- the current link should work much better. Different method.

thanks WT.
The new link shows how to use the original scanner that is on the "Hamburger Menu" on the original report.
Tried that and it didn't change the result.