PDA

View Full Version : Download Win 10 ISO for 32 bit system, from a 64 bit PC

Chikara
04-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Hi all,

I've already upgraded to WIn10 on my 2 machines, which are both 64bit.

Next time I visit my parents, I'm going to help them upgrade their laptop From Win 7 to Win 10, too. They're not too tech savvy, and their have a capped internet so downloading it directly will blow our their data cap.
So I was planning to download (on my unlimited internet) a WIn 10 32 bit ISO, burn to DVD and use that to install from.

Problem is, I can't seem to find any way to download a 32bit ISO. There is no direct link I can see, the only option via the MS Win 10 page is via the Media creation tool first. But, I cannot download and run the 32bit creation tool, it fails each time I try to run it with a 'Setup couldn't start properly' error. I'm not sure if that's because this machine already has Win 10, or because I'm trying the 32 bit version on a 64 bit machine.

Is there any way of downloading a 32bit ISO directly?

Chikara
04-08-2015, 11:42 PM
Just to make it clear, their machine is 32bit Win7 currently

dugimodo
04-08-2015, 11:42 PM
Run the 64 bit creation tool, then use it to create a flash drive or disk. When you do it gives you the option to make a 32 bit, 64 bit, or both. I did it once and said both, then used the same flash drive for 2 32 bit machines and 3 64 bit ones.
A flash drive is better than a disk in my opinion unless you want a permanent copy.

Chikara
04-08-2015, 11:48 PM
Run the 64 bit creation tool, then use it to create a flash drive or disk. When you do it gives you the option to make a 32 bit, 64 bit, or both. I did it once and said both, then used the same flash drive for 2 32 bit machines and 3 64 bit ones.
A flash drive is better than a disk in my opinion unless you want a permanent copy.

Ohh OK, great, thanks. So downloading the 64bit version of the tool still allows creation of the 32bit ISO. I didn't realise that, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

CliveM
05-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Ohh OK, great, thanks. So downloading the 64bit version of the tool still allows creation of the 32bit ISO. I didn't realise that, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

When you use the tool to make your USB/ISO you have to select 32bit 64bit or both. It is immaterial what version is on the PC your using to produce it.